Weight Watchers Freestyle Cherry Poke Cake
& More Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes
I have been with my husband for over 15 years and each year how we celebrate Valentine’s Day becomes more about spending together than it does the cards and the gifts. The one thing that has not changed is our love for delicious desserts to share on this day. To help you spoil your special someone and yourself this Valentine’s Day, I have teamed up with a great group of bloggers to share our favorite Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes.
I know that many of you are working hard to keep your New Year’s weight loss resolution, so the recipe that I have made to share with all of you is a tasty but low calorie dessert option. This delicious, low-calorie Cherry Poke Cake makes 12 servings and is only 6 points if you follow the Weight Watcher’s Freestyle Program.
Get ready to be inspired with delicious Valentine’s Day Sweets by checking out the great suggestions below and then keep scrolling to get the recipe for this delicious Weight Watcher’s Freestyle inspired Cherry Poke Cake.
Weight Watcher’s FreeStyle Inspired Cherry Poke Cake Recipe
- Sugar Free Cake Mix (White/Yellow)
- 10 oz Sprite Zero/Diet Sprite
- Sugar Free Cherry Jello (0.3 oz)
- Sugar Free/Fat Free Cool Whip
- Red/Pink Gel Food Coloring
- Fresh Berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 cake pan** with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix and Sprite Zero, until completely mixed together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely.
- When cake is cooled, use the handle of a spoon and poke holes throughout the top of the cake.
- Prepare the Jello according to the Speed-Set directions on the box , reducing the cold water by 1/2 cup.
- Pour jello over cake and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Once cake is cooled, combine cool whip and food coloring until the desired pink shade is reached.
- Top with fresh berries before serving.
** If you want you can bake the cake in 2 round cake pans (8 or 9 inch) and stack together with some of the cool whip between each layer. You can also use a silicone 9 inch cake pan that is tall to make one large round cake.
When cut into 12 slices, this Cherry Poke Cake is only 6 Weight Watchers Freestyle points per slice.
Just like most recipes, let your creativity guide you when you make this recipe and experiment with other Sugar Free Jello flavors. As long as your choices are sugar-free the point value will stay the same. For those of you that are not worried about cutting calories, this recipe can be made with regular cake mix, gelatin, and whipped topping. You can also get creative with toppings and use shaved chocolate, ice cream sprinkles, and more. Just remember that any additions will change the point value of the recipe.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe and all the other great Valentine’s Day dessert recipes listed above. If you have a favorite recipe that you would like to share with our readers, email us at [email protected] .
Directions When cut into 12 slices, each slice is only 6 points on the Weight Watchers FreeStyle plan. You can cook this in 2 round (8 or 9 inch) pans or one tall 9 inch round silicone pan.
When cut into 12 slices, each slice is only 6 points on the Weight Watchers FreeStyle plan.
You can cook this in 2 round (8 or 9 inch) pans or one tall 9 inch round silicone pan.