Ways to Celebrate “Pi Day” Every Day
“Pi Day” began in 1988 in San Francisco as a way to bring greater attention to the fields of math, science, engineering, and technology (STEM) fields. It is held on 3/14 (Pi = 3.14….) and corresponds with Albert Einsteins birthday.
Pi (π) represents the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter. No matter how large or small the circle is, you can divide the distance around it by the distance across and get the same cool number.
It wasn’t long before people realized it is also a good way to celebrate “Pie Day”. As fun as it is to celebrate Pi Day on March 14th, you can also celebrate it any day of the year in a variety of ways.
- Celebrate the fundamentals of STEM by having a “Pi” themed party complete with fun math activities like these over on kcedventures.com.
- Watch a STEM inspired movie like Good Will Hunting, A Beautiful Mind, Hidden Figures, Apollo 13, and Big Hero 6 (for the little ones.)
- Host a Pi Day Scavenger Hunt with these free printables from Scavenger-Hunt.org.
- Serve foods that start with “Pi” like Pineapple, Pistachios, Pita Chips, Pickles, Pinto Beans, and Pierogis.
- Serve round foods like oranges, meatballs, cookies, crackers, cupcakes, etc.
For those that really want to celebrate Pi Day, you will want to head on out for the best “Pie” in town. Some of our favorite Pie Day foods include the following:
Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen’s** Homemade Chicken Pot Pie features scratch-made cream sauce, vegetables and chicken, baked into a light, flaky crust – and it’s served with a house salad. Fun fact: Each Pot Pie contains a half-pound of chicken. The iconic item has been on Cheddar’s menu for 25 years. And it’s safe to say, guests love it! The dish is the third most-popular item on Cheddar’s menu, with about 1.4 million pies served to guests annually.
Pizza Pie is available everywhere, so grab your family and friends to head on out to your local pizzeria to enjoy yoru favorite slice of pizza pie.
If you are looking for delicious sweet pies, head out to your local bakery or restaurant to taste their seasonal favorites. Feeling creative, grab your favorite cookbook and create a delicious pie in your own kitchen.
These are all fun and fabulous ways to celebrate Pi Day any day of the year. Let us know how you like to celebrate below!
**Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen operates more than 150 restaurants and employs more than 23,000 team members. For more information and to find a location near you, visit www.cheddars.com. Connect with Cheddar’s on Facebook.com/CheddarsScratchKitchen, Twitter.com/cheddarskitchen and Instagram.com/cheddarskitchen.