Courtesy of Seriously Good Freezer Meals: 150 Easy Recipes to Save Your Time, Money & Sanity by Karrie Truman © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where books are sold.
Image credit: Charity Burggraaf
Venezuelan Steak – Freezer Meal Recipe Idea
Venezuelan Steak Recipe
- 2 lbs (1 kg) beef flank steak, cut across the grain into 1-inch (2.5 cm) slices
- 2 cups (500 mL) beef broth or Homemade beef Stock (page 350)
- 1 can (8 oz/227 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato paste (About 3 oz/90 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flank steak, beef broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bell pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, Stir Well.
MAKE IT NOW: Pour beef and sauce in a large (approx. 5 quart) slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours, until meat is tender. Remove bay leaf and serve.
MAKE IT FREEZER MEAL: Pour contents of bowl into a labeled gallon-size (4 L) freezerbag. Seal,removing as much air as possible, and freeze.
THAW AND COOK: Place bag in refrigerator for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours to thaw. Pour beef and sauce into a large (approx 5 quart) slow cooker. Cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or on High on 5 to 6 hours, until meat is tender. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Makes 6 Servings.