Truffle White Cream Sauce With Gnocchi
I love exploring new flavor profiles and experimenting with recipes to create delicious meals that my whole family love. A great way to explore new flavors is with the Try The World monthly food box. Each month a different country is featured and all the products in the box are from that country. During the holiday season I received the Michelin Box (which is still available at Try the World) and was instantly drawn to the Truffle Sauce. The Michelin Box contained a wide variety of items from all around the world including Hot Chocolate Tablets from Mexico, Mini Pineapple Cakes from Taiwan, and Toffee from South Africa.
We enjoyed trying all the goodies from the Michelin Box but my favorite was the Truffle Sauce. I wanted to take advantage of all the flavors in the truffle sauce, so I combined it with a homemade white cream sauce and served it with gnocchi and pan seared salmon. Making a sauce from scratch can seem daunting but it is simple to make and is versatile with many types of pasta and protein options. See how easy it is with our recipe below and delight your family’s taste buds with this Truffle White Cream Sauce.
Truffle White Cream Sauce with Gnocchi
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano, grated
- 1⁄4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 ounces Truffle Sauce
- 16 ounces Gnocchi
- Melt butter in small saucepan cooking over low to medium heat, stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in cream & remaining ingredients, stirring constantly as it thickens.
- Add more cream or flour depending on desired consistency.
- Cook Gnocchi according to directions on package, stir into the truffle cream sauce.
- Serve with pan seared salmon, grilled chicken breast, or protein of your choice.
This Truffle White Cream Sauce is perfect with many varieties of pasta and protein choices. You can even take it up a notch by sprinkling it with Truffle Zest.