We moved to Knoxville back in June and have already fallen in love with the area and all it has to offer. The one thing we love the most is the wide variety of restaurants the area has to offer. Unlike the Metro Detroit area we moved from, many of the restaurants are locally owned and provide fresh ingredients from the area. We have spent the past 6 months trying out recommendations and have come up with a list of Top Knoxville restaurants. If you live here or are just passing thru, make sure these restaurants make your “Must Visit List.”
****Updated April 8, 2019, the list has been updated to list new restaurants we have discovered and remove restaurants that are no longer open. *****
- Chivo Taqueria – This unique, casual, full service restaurant features their interpretation of tacos, fused with local ingredients. They offer more than tacos and you will want to make sure to try their Mexican Street Corn with your meal.
- Hard Knox Pizza – This locally owned wood-fired pizzeria provides stunning pizza cooked to perfection. They also offer a variety of salads and sides to accompany your meal.
- Dazzo’s Pizzeria – This locally owned pizzeria provides pizza, pasta, and more and is perfect for a family pizza night. Located in downtown Knoxville, they use fresh local ingredients and remind me of my favorite pizza back home in Michigan.
- Bistro at the Bijou – Focusing on “Farm to Table” this bistro located downtown changes their menu three times a year to highlight the products that are in season. They use local ingredients and you will even find produce from the owner’s own garden.
- Clancy’s Tavern – Here you will find classic Irish fare in a traditional pub setting that has been elevated to new levels. You can also enjoy a large offering of other options which ensures everyone will leave happy.
- Pero’s on the Hill – Discover amazing Greek and Italian dishes that are full of flavor and not short on serving size. With two locations two serve Knoxville, you are only a short drive away from their delicious dishes including fresh made pizzas.
- Frussie’s Deli – Here you will find 11 types of bread made fresh daily, house cured meats, and hand made sides. This means that you will always have a terrific meal for brunch or lunch.
- Archer’s BBQ – Here you will find some of the best BBQ in the Knoxville area. They have four locations and you will find the same product consistency at all locations. Not only is their BBQ amazing but their sides are just as stunning.
- Yassin’s Falafel House – Enjoy delicious and authentic Mediterranean food prepared using fresh ingredients in a fast and casual dining atmosphere. They have two locations, one located downtown and one in West Knoxville.
- Fountain City Diner – This diner provides delicious home cooked meals. They offer changing daily specials,fabulous homemade desserts and use fresh ingredients.
- The Original Louis Drive-In Restaurant – From the pizza to the pastas, the taste is delicious and servings are large.
- Not Watson’s Kitchen + Bar – Located in Market Square in downtown Knoxville this place is always hopping and it is a no wonder with their delicious entrees and tasty desserts.
- Soccer Taco – With a location in Market Square and in Bearden, you can satisfy your craving for quality Mexican food at great prices.
- Dean’s Restaurant & Bakery – With a simple but carefully created menu, dishes here are tasty every time. Make sure to try their sweet tea (which has a special twist) and save room for their tasty desserts. (They are located in Oak Ridge but it is worth the drive if you are in the Knoxville area.)
- Downtown Grill and Brewery – With a full menu and a wide variety of fresh brewed beers,this is a great place to hang out or enjoy a delicious meal. Check out their daily happy hour specials to save on favorite appetizers. The Fried Empanada is a meal all by itself.
- Niro’s Gyros – You will not find a better gyro anywhere in Knoxville than here. Make sure to try the greek friesas a compliment to your gyro.
- Jason’s Deli – This deli is a chain but the food is amazing and always fresh. They have a full salad bar, wide variety of sandwiches and free ice cream for all their patrons.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen– Although Cheddar’s is a chain restaurant the manager and staff at the Clinton Hwy location are so top notch, I could not leave them off the list. All the dishes are made from scratch and remind you of home cooking without all the clean-up.
- Post Modern Spirits – This new distillery is producing amazing drinks right in our town. The drinks are amazing and just one of their mixed drinks had me hooked on their gin. Looking for a way to unwind after a busy week be sure to check them out.
- Rebel Kitchen – This is an experience that every needs to have. From meeting new people, trying new dishes, and experiencing Chef Paul’s amazing food – this is one night you won’t forget.
My family has personally eaten at all the above restaurants and have been very impressed with their food, staff and overall quality.
**Warning – I am not responsible for any overindulgence you may allow yourself to have because the food is delicious. Eat responsibly and don’t forget to order dessert!** 🙂
Do you have a favorite restaurant in Knoxville? Share it in the comment section below because we are always looking for great places to eat!