This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ExperienceFrontera #CollectiveBias
Tips to Take Control of Busy Days & Enjoy a Tasty Meal
As a homeschool mom, my days were flexible but this year my daughter went back to public school. All of the sudden schedules were a lot less flexible and I discovered early on that we needed to plan ahead of time to take control of busy days. By then end of the first week we had a system in place that allowed us to start our mornings off without less stress, end our days without catastrophe, and still allow me to have a tasty meal at lunchtime. I want everyone to experience their days without extra stress, so I am sharing our tips with you. As an added bonus, I will show you how to celebrate “Taco Tuesday” everyday of the week.
Tips to Control Your Busy Days
- Plan ahead by checking the calendar on Saturday. This will allow you to make carpool changes, plan for appointments or school events, and get started on the week ahead.
- Grocery Shop on weekends. I know the grocery store can be busier on the weekend but it is easier to shop when you are not rushed for time. Make a list ahead of time of the things that you need for lunch and snacks for the upcoming week.
- Plan your wardrobe for the week on Sunday. When you plan your outfits out ahead of time, you save time in the morning when you are tired trying to figure out what to wear. Make sure items are clean, ironed, and accessorized before bed on Sunday so you can get up and get dressed without a thought.
- Pack a snack bag for the week and place in your automobile. Don’t worry about what to eat between work, school, or appointments when you pack healthy snacks for the week. In the warmer months, make sure that you are not packing things that will melt. Some of our favorites are pretzels, granola bars, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Place Breakfast dishes and supplies out the night before. When breakfast supplies are set out the night before it saves time in the morning and insures you have everything you need.
- Prep the coffee pot and set the time for when your alarm goes off. Have your caffeine waiting for you by getting the coffee pot ready before bed. Set the timer for when your alarm goes off, so it will be ready by the time you reach the coffee pot.
- Pack school/work lunches the night before. Nothing can throw off your morning like trying to put together lunches. Get reusable lunch bags and pack everyone’s lunch the night before and store them in the fridge/freezer.
- Keep shoes and backpacks/briefcases/work bags by the door you walk out when you leave. Before bed set everything you need to take with you in the morning by the door so it is there when you are ready to go. This helps to stop the morning run around looking for items you need.
These tips have helped us save time, money, and decreased our stress since the back to school season started. I do not work outside the home but I still find that planning my lunch the night before insures that I have a tasty meal every day. I love to celebrate “Taco Tuesday” but often forget it is Tuesday until lunch is over. However, on a recent trip to Kroger, I discovered an easy way to enjoy authentic Mexican flavors everyday of the week with Frontera® Fajita and Taco Bowls.
Frontera was established in 1996 and provides a premium level of authentic Mexican flavors in every bite. The ingredients are treated to time-honored cooking methods such as fire roasting vegetables to bring out unique flavors. There are four “bowl” flavors available that are inspired by Mexico and easily cooked at home by you in minutes. These bowls let me celebrate “Taco Tuesday” any day of the week and are delicious on their own or served with a side of tortilla chips or as a filling in taco shells.
- Chicken Fajita Bowl: Made with fire-roasted poblanos and chipotle chiles, this perfectly seared, classic Mexican dish tastes great over rice.
- Tinga Taco Bowl: This authentic recipe from the highlands around Mexico City is made with seasoned, roasted tomatoes, chipotle chile, and slow-simmered chicken.
- Barbacoa Taco Bowl: In this signature central Mexican dish, tender beef is roasted, then slow cooked with ancho, guajillo, and chipotle chiles.
- Veggie Taco Bowl: Fire-roasted tomatillos, peppers, corn, and more come together in a zesty green chile and cilantro sauce for a delicious veggie experience any carnivore would envy.
Pack a delicious Frontera meal for your lunch and take back your busy days with our simple tips. Make sure to include the Frontera bowl of your choice on your shopping list this week and don’t miss out on savings with our exclusive coupon below.
Click here to save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Frontera meal. Download this awesome deal before it’s gone!”