This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AGummyYouCanTrust #CollectiveBias
Tips to Stay Healthy During the Winter Months
During the winter months, I always feel like I need to work a little harder to stay healthier. My schedule gets busier with plenty of holiday activities to fill up every day on my calendar.I don’t want to miss out on all the holiday fun that the winter months bring, so I have some tips to stay healthy that I follow during the winter months. I am here to share them with you so you can be ready for whatever this winter throws your way. Don’t miss out on the fun moments by following these tips to stay healthy.
Tips to Stay Healthy During the Winter Months
- Drink plenty of fluids. – Water is the best option since it has no calories but unsweetened tea, black coffee, and sugar-free drink packets are a great way to increase your water intake without extra calories. The general recommendation is 64 ounces (8 glasses x 8 ounces.)
- Wash your hands frequently. – We often get in the habit of only washing our hands after we use the restroom and before eating. However, it is very important to wash our hands frequently to avoid cross contamination from anything we may have picked up on our journeys.
- Get adequate sleep. – It is always important to make sure you are getting at least 8 hours of sleep. When you are not getting adequate rest, your immune system can suffer and leave you more vulnerable to the season’s illnesses.
- Wipe down commonly touched surfaces daily. – Wipe down door knobs, remote controls, refrigerator handles, etc. daily with an antibacterial cleaner to avoid the spread of germs.
- Get 20 minutes of activity daily. – Being active is a benefit to both your physical and mental health. During the winter months, people tend to get more sedentary but it is more important now to get up and get your heart pumping. To stay warm, go for a walk around your local mall, do an online workout, or bundle up and hit the trails in your neighborhood.
- Manage your stress – Stress can affect your immune system in many ways and to help avoid overtaxing your body find ways to manage or decrease your stress. Take time for yourself at least 15 -20 minutes daily to do something you like to do. Say “NO” to the things that are not important and focus on saying “YES” to only the things that will add to your life not cause more stress.
- Change your toothbrush – It is recommended to change your toothbrush every three months for proper dental health but it is also important to change it anytime you become sick. It is hard to thoroughly clean a toothbrush so if you have been sick, make sure to throw it away and use a new one when you are well.
- Get out and enjoy yourself- Make sure to take time and enjoy yourself. Schedule a night out with the girls/guys. Accept an invite to a holiday party, see a holiday show at the local theater, or have a date night with your significant other.
- Eat a balanced diet – Stay away from heavily processed foods and foods with a high sugar and/or salt level. Make sure you are consuming fruits and vegetables daily. Make sure you are also including a balanced amount of protein, starches, and dairy along with healthy fats.
- Take vitamins daily. – By taking vitamins daily you help support your immune system† and provide yourself with the essential vitamins you may not be getting in your diet. Two of my favorite vitamins to take daily are Nature Made® Vitamin D3 Adult Gummies and Nature Made® Vitamin C Adult Gummies. One of the things that I like about Nature Made® Gummies is the assurance that you’re getting the nutrients you need from your Gummies. Nature Made® has the 1st Gummies to receive USP verification. USP verification is done by the U.S. Pharmacopeia Convention (USP), which is a third party nonprofit organization that verifies products for purity, potency, and quality. With the USP verification for purity and potency, I know that Nature Made® Adult Gummies are “a gummy you can trust.”
These tips are ones I try to follow every day during the year but during the winter months, it is so much more important for me to focus on them due to the decreased time spent outdoors and the increased time being spent inside. I start everyday with my Nature Made® Adult Gummies and the bright flavors help give me a kick-start to my day. Nature Made® Vitamin C Adult Gummies have a delicious Tangerine flavor, while the Nature Made® Vitamin D3 Adult Gummies have three flavors per bottle (peach, mango and strawberry.)
With the decrease in time spent outside it is important to make sure you are getting enough Vitamin D. Nature Made® Vitamin D Adult Gummies helps support bone, teeth, muscle and immune health† and helps improve calcium absorption†.Nature Made® Vitamin D Adult Gummies contain 2000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving. D3 is the body’s preferred form of vitamin D.*
We often don’t get enough from fruits and vegetables,that is why taking Nature Made® Vitamin C Adult Gummies is on my daily tips. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps support the immune system and helps neutralize free radicals in the body. † Vitamin C also aids with the absorption of iron†.
Make the most out of the winter months, and don’t spend your holidays stuck in bed wishing you were out celebrating by following these simple tips to stay healthy during the winter months. You can learn more about Nature Made® and USP by clicking on the link below.
Keep up with the latest information from Nature Made® by following along online.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure prevent any diseases.
*Vitamin D3 is more effective than vitamin D2 at raising and maintaining adequate levels of circulating vitamin D in the body.†