Tips on How Busy Moms Exercise
It doesn’t matter how hard Moms try, there never seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything on their “To Do List” done before bed. Many times they skip exercising in lieu of doing laundry, cleaning the house, cooking dinner or even taking a shower. Often times experts suggest getting up 30 minutes early to exercise and many moms would gladly do this if they already weren’t getting up a mere 4 or 5 hours after they went to bed. There is a revolution of moms working harder to put themselves first because they realize they are only good for their family if they take care of themselves. So don’t worry about losing sleep or giving up that beloved shower, here are tips on How Busy Moms Exercise.
Tips on How Busy Moms Exercise
- Take your kids for walks around the neighborhood. Let older ones ride their bikes or trikes and push the little ones in strollers. This also lets them burn off steam and the dishes at home aren’t going anywhere.
- Go for a walk at the local nature center. Your kids will love getting out of the house and they won’t even know you are doing it for you not them.
- Walk around at the park while the kids play. Sitting and reading a book is so tempting while they are playing at the park but get up and get moving. Walk around the perimeter or in between the structures, record your steps with your pedometer, Fitbit, or even an app on your phone.
- Purchase Workout DVDs that can be broken down into 15, 30 or 45 minute workouts. Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds is great and easy to do even for beginners. She even has other DVDs so you can mix up your workout and they are all walking based so there is no problem if you are pregnant.
- Take the kids for bike rides in the neighborhood. If you have really small children and are not comfortable taking them for bike rides,check with a local church and see if you can ride around their parking lot. Remember, leave it better than you found it.
- Look for local Mom’s walking clubs in your area. If there isn’t one start one!
- Find a mom friend that you can work out with or swap babysitting services with so you can each have some time to work out kids free.
- If you work outside the home, take a portion of your lunch hour and go for a walk.
- Skip the elevators and escalators and use the stairs. Think of these little things as extra calorie burners, they will eventually add up to one big thing.
- Check out the Apps available on the Google Play Store or the iTunes Store.
- Map My Run
- Map My Walk
- Couch to 5K
- Run for God
- Interval Timer by Deltaworks
Some other ways that you can add exercise into your routine include taking aerobics classes or joining a local gym/fitness center. Don’t dismiss those two options just because you do not have the finances to afford those. Many insurance plans now offer these as benefits because they want people to get healthy. Check with your health insurance company and find out if they offer any of these benefits under your plan.
Do you have any other tips on How Busy Moms Exercise?
Please, share them with other busy moms by leaving them in the comment section below.