This post was sponsored by Biz Stain Fighter, all thoughts and opinion are my own.
Tips to Help You Tackle Your Laundry Without Breaking a Sweat
There are only a few things you can count on in live and one of those is that there will always be laundry that needs to be washed. In our house it seems the minute the washing machine starts, someone is already adding something to the laundry basket for the next load. My husband is supposed to do the laundry but he prefers to let it pile up and do it once a week, while the site of the laundry growing causes me to have mild panic attacks. This means that I am often throwing in a load of laundry because I just can’t wait for him to do it. In order to keep my our laundry under control and easy to do do, I follow a few tips and today I am going to share them with you. I hope these help you tackle your laundry and don’t worry there is nothing too strenuous in my laundry tips. Just simple ways you can finally find the bottom of the basket, if only for a few minutes.
Tips to Tackle Your Laundry
- Have Multiple Hampers – If you sort your laundry before washing (I must admit I don’t), then having specific laundry hampers assigned to darks, towels, and/or whites will save you time when it comes to wash the clothes. It is also helpful to place a hamper in each bedroom and/or bathroom so you are not looking for dirty clothes on the floors of rooms.
- Create a Spot for Unmatched Socks – We have a “laundry elf” basket where all unmatched socks go. Every few months, I check and make sure there are no matches an then either discard the unmatched ones or recycle them as dust rags. There is no reason to keep washing unmatched socks or hang on to them for extended periods of time.
- Keep Hangers in Your Laundry Area – Avoid laundry piling up in your bedroom waiting to be put away, by bringing empty hangers back to the laundry area with your dirty clothes. Keep hangers in the laundry area and hang up your clothes when you pull them out of the dryer. If you hang up clothes to dry, this will also insure you don’t wind up wasting time tracking down hangers.
- Use Towels Several Times – If your bath towels are only used when you are clean out of the shower/bath, use them a few times before washing. This cuts down on the amount of laundry and also helps save on laundry supplies.
- Wash Clothes Less Often – Do you wash clothes after having them on a for only a few hours? Some items like jeans do not need to be washed after each wear unless they are dirty. Stop and decide if the clothes can be worn again without smelling or appearing dirty. If they can hang them back up and wear them again before washing.
- Keep all Laundry Essentials in One Place – If you have a designated laundry area, set up a shelf with all your laundry needs so you aren’t searching for things. If you take your laundry to a laundromat, keep your supplies in one bag so you don’t ever leave home without something you need.
- Invest in a Quality Stain Fighter – I am a huge believer in pre-treating stain before I wash clothes but sometimes items sneak into the wash without anyone noticing a stain. Whether you notice the stain before you wash or want to make sure you don’t miss any stains, Biz Stain Fighter is designed to treat all types of stains with one product.
Biz Stain Fighter was the first enzyme based pre-soak and color-safe bleach and has been helping people tackle their laundry for more than 40 years. It has also now a laundry detergent booster that helps your laundry detergent remove stubborn stains in every wash. Since different stains require different ingredients to eliminate them, Biz Stain Fighter contains all these ingredients in one product and that is why it works better than other brands.
You can use it to pre-treat stains (follow the instructions on the bottle) or add it to each load of laundry that you wash. It is safe to use in HE washers and front loading machines. Biz Stain Fighter can also be used to tackle household cleaning and makes it the perfect versatile addition to your laundry room regimen.
Discover more about Biz Stain Fighter and see all the ways you can use it to help you tackle your laundry and household chores by visiting Biz® online.