Celebration by Frey Summer Candy Buffet With Funfetti Cupcakes
Summer is a time for relaxing and celebrating with friends and family. As most of our gatherings center around food (of some kind), it is always fun to take things up a notch to make your gathering memorable. An easy way to do that is to let sweets take center stage with a beautiful candy buffet. Planning out a candy buffet doesn’t have to be complicated and thanks to Celebration by Frey planning your candy buffet is easy. I have a few tips for creating a simple candy buffet, plus one lucky reader will win a $50 Celebration by Frey prize pack so they can create their own candy buffet.
The first thing to remember when planning a candy buffet is that more varieties are not always better. It is more fun to stick with a few favorites and then use those candies in different colors. My recent candy buffet included Sixlets, Gumballs, Candy Pearls, and Funfetti Cupcakes. The Funfetti Cupcakes are because I think every candy buffet needs cupcakes. I took a classic Funfetti Cupcake recipe and turned it up a notch by substituting the traditional candy sprinkles with Celebration By Frey’s Candy Crumbles. These little pieces of vanilla goodness blew these Funfetti Cupcakes out of the water and they were an instant hit. I have the recipe for your below, along with a simple cream cheese icing.
I only used three varieties of candy but with the huge color option that Celebration By Frey offers with their candy, I was able to create a beautiful and bright candy buffet. What made their candy creations stand out for me is the shimmer finish available on the Sixlets, Gumballs, and Candy Pearls. I also love that you can purchase Celebration By Frey candies at major retailers nationwide including Walmart, Target, Party City and Michaels. These are all the places I shop when planning my summer parties and gatherings, so I don’t have to worry about making any extra stops. This makes them my top choice for candy buffets and more when I am party planning.
Once you have selected all the delicious Celebration by Frey candy you are ready to assemble your candy buffet. You different sized clear glass containers to display your candy. I like to use empty milk bottles, re-purposed candle jars, dessert cups, and bowls. With the glass containers you can see the colors from all angles and it adds pop to your candy buffet. Mix the colors together or leave them separate depending on your theme. Place your cupcakes in the middle and let guests get ready to indulge and enjoy. Get the recipe for the delicious funfetti cupcakes featured in the candy buffet pictures and make sure to enter to win a $50 candy prize pack from Celebration by Frey. There are 25 chances to win.
Funfetti Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Funfetti Cupcake Ingredients
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsps) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Celebration by Frey Candy Crumbles (3 packages)
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Funfetti Cupcakes Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, place your cupcake liners in the wells of the cupcake pan. (This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.)
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer, to cream the butter and sugar together. Slowly add the eggs in one at a time, making sure they are mixed in completely before adding the next one. Add the vanilla and mix in completely.
- Using a mixer or manually stiring, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and combine with the rest of the ingredients. Then add 1/3 of the buttermilk and mix until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and buttermilk.
- Carefully fold in the Candy Crumbles using a spoon.
- Distribute the cupcake mix evenly into your cupcake liners and bake for 15-18 minutes. Insert toothpick to make sure the cupcakes are done. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then place on wire cooling rack to finish cooling. Once cooled decorate with cream cheese frosting and additional candy crumbles.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Beat softened cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Add in vanilla and mix completely.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
To discover more about all the colors and candies available for your next candy buffet, make sure to visit Celebration by Frey!
Celebration by Frey Giveaway
Giveaway dates: 7/8 – 7/22/16 at 11:59 PM
Prize: A $50 selection of summer Celebration by Frey decorative candies including gumballs, sixlets, crumbles and pearls