St. Patrick’s Day Skittles Treat Jar
St. Patrick’s Day is the day I wish for leprechauns and treasure at the end of the rainbow. Since I don’t think that I will meet one anytime soon, I have created these fun Skittles Treat Jars that help me gift family and/or friends with a treat at the end of the rainbow. These are simple to make and are a fun way to add an edible decoration to your St. Patrick’s Day party or celebration.
These are easily customized for larger or smaller jars by increasing or decreasing the amount of candy that you need. While we favor the traditional Skittles in these treat jars, you can create your rainbow using any of the flavor profiles available from Skittles to make your treat jars your own.
Enjoy a little luck this St. Patrick’s Day and every day of the year by making up a batch of Skittles Treat Jars.
- Large Bag of Rolo Candies or 4 Rolo Candy Rolls
- Large Bag of Skittles
- 2 – 1 Pint Mason Jars
- Bag of Mini Marshmallows
- Twine or Ribbon
- To make this project easier, make sure to sort the Skittles by color before you start assembling your treat jars. These can also be made in larger jars so the amount of candy you will need is dependent on the size of your jars and how many you are creating.
- Place Rolos in the bottom of the mason jar and top with a small amount of mini marshmallows.
- Top with Skittles in layers following the rainbow colors. In our treat jars the colors went purple, green, yellow, orange and red. If using Skittles that are not the traditional flavors, your colors may very.
- Place lid on the mason jar, and wrap twine or ribbon around the top.
***For a fun craft for small groups or children, you can create this in vertical snack bags. Layer the same way, just reduce the amount of candy used. ***