Simple Ways to Encourage Others &
One in a Melon Giveaway Hop
They say that most people don’t tell someone when they do something good but are sure to point out when they do something wrong. This can often be discouraging as a writer/blogger because as much as I don’t need someone heaping praise down on me, I also don’t need someone heaping negativity either. I am open to constructive criticism but sometimes people are just looking to complain about anything. I am getting better (compared to when I started blogging) at reminding myself that I cannot please everyone but suffering from depression and anxiety does not always make this easy.
The one thing that does make my day (or week) is when I get an email from a giveaway winner telling me how much they enjoyed an event or a prize that they won. I also love hearing that their family loves one of my family’s favorite recipes. It isn’t really the fact that they liked it but the fact that they took time out of their day to reach out. This is often my inspiration to keep going when I find myself struggling.
This same idea applies to everything we do in life. A simple act of encouragement can truly transform someone’s day and I want to give you a chance to show encouragement to others in your life.
In honor of all those that have reached out or even taken time to read a post on my blog, I am hosting a giveaway for $20 via PayPal, as part of the One in a Melon Giveaway Hop. This is my little way of saying thank you for your support and encouragement.
Simple Ways to Encourage Others
I also want to urge you to find a way to encourage those in your life, both near and far. Remember that a chain reaction can start from just one person. It doesn’t take much time or money and these following ideas are a great way to get started.
- Send a text or email letting someone know you care about them & why
- Call a friend or family member to let them know you love them
- Send a card or letter to someone who you haven’t talked to in a while or someone who is struggling
- Surprise someone by buying their breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.
- Give flowers to someone “Just Because”
- Treat your kids to a “Kid’s Choice Day” where you stay disconnected from Social Media & give them 100% of your time and attention.
- Treat your spouse to a date night with no cellphones or electronics
- Offer to help a neighbor with yard work or other chores
- Cook your family’s favorite meal, even if it is isn’t yours
- Say Yes instead of No to your kids, spouse, family, or friends the next time they ask you to do something with them.
- Thank the service people who take care of you with a note, gift card, or even just by telling them that you appreciate them.
These are just a few of the ways you can help and encourage others. I challenge you to do one thing this week and then make sure to tell us about in the comments below.
One in a Melon Giveaway Hop
A special thanks to MamatheFox for organizing the One in a Melon Giveaway Hop!
August 1 – August 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM , 18+ WW
$20 PayPal Cash
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.