Easy Shredded Pork Tacos
We are always looking for new ways to mix up flavors for Taco Tuesday. This week we made a Slow Cooker Pork Roast and as usual we had plenty of leftovers just waiting to re-purposed into another delicious meal. My daughter has taken on a new responsibility of preparing dinner once night a week. She decided to take the leftover pork and turn it into Shredded Pork Tacos. This was her first time making tacos and although she was a little worried at first the recipe came together beautifully. I think it is so important to get kids cooking in the kitchen and love seeing how much she has blossomed over the past few weeks while making dinners on her own. Getting kids cooking in the kitchen is a great way to help them gain independence and get them to try new flavors. Don’t settle for boring leftovers again, take that leftover pork roast and turn them into Shredded Pork Tacos.
Shredded Pork Tacos Recipe
- 3-4 cups shredded pork (I used leftovers from my Slow Cooker Pork Roast.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- Soft Taco Shells
- Shredded cheese, sour cream, onion for topping
- Heat a family sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a tablespoon olive oil, and heat for one minute.
- Add pork to the skillet and cook until warmed through.
- Reduce heat to medium, add taco seasoning and water.
- Cover and simmer on medium until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and serve in warm tortillas.
- Add the toppings of your choice and serve.
These Shredded Pork Tacos were a huge hit with the family and we will be working these into our monthly meal rotation. This is a simple recipe that will be perfect to assign to your kids to cook for dinner. Even those that are newer in the kitchen will find this recipe easy to make and will enjoy this new spin on tacos for Taco Tuesday!
Save time by making this Slow Cooker Pork Roast and using the leftovers to create these tasty Shredded Pork Tacos.