This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CuriousCreamery #CollectiveBias
Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes
My family loves sweet treats and two of our favorite desserts are cupcakes and ice cream. If we can eat the two together then that is even better. We have always enjoyed ice cream cakes but have never attempted to make one on our own. I recently discovered an at home Ice Cream Cake Mix by The Curious Creamery and decided that I would make Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes.
The Ice Cream Cake Mix by The Curious Creamery allows you to customize your ice cream cake/cupcakes any way you want and is simple enough for anyone to make. It provides a base mix for you to create your own customized ice cream (without an ice cream machine.) It is prepared using a mixer in 5 minutes and then you can freeze and enjoy. It allows you to have complete control of your tasty creation and avoid 1/3 of the saturated fat and calories found in industrial ice cream. Plus the base mix is is gluten free and has no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives. On top of all the great health benefits, Ice Cream Cake Mix by The Curious Creamery also helps to reduce the carbon footprint up to 90% compared to industrial made ice cream. From the manufacturing process and transport process all the way to storage, less energy and resources are used. So you can enjoy your sweet treats and know that you are helping the environment at the same time.
The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix is new on shelves and can be found in the Celebration Aisle at your local Walmart. If your Walmart is not carrying it yet, make sure to ask the store manager about it. To find it in a store near you, use the Store Locator.
The base flavor Ice Cream Cake Mix we started with was German Chocolate. With a few simple additions it turned into a rich and decadent Rocky Road Ice Cream. It was the perfect filling for our Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes. We may have enjoyed a few scoops of the remaining ice cream but my lips are sealed. It earned high praise from all our official taste testers and they are already dreaming up new varieties to create with the other packs of Ice Cream Cake Mix we have.
Treat your official taste testers (family and friends) to their own Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes and discover all the ways you can use The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix.
Rocky Road Ice Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box of cupcake mix and ingredients
- 1 pack The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix – German Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 cups milk
- 2 cups mini marshamallows, divided
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and divided
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 13 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare cupcakes according to package directions and let cool.
- Prepare The Curious Creamery Ice Cream Cake Mix according to package directions. (This step requires the heavy cream, sugar and milk.) ***
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup mini marshmallows and 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts into the ice cream mix.
- Set the remaining chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and hazelnuts aside for garnish.
- Place the prepared ice cream in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a knife or spoon to create a well in the center of the cupcakes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer (after 2 hours) and fill in the centers of the cupcakes.
- Return any unused ice cream back to the freezer for 4-5 hours to freeze completely and then eat & enjoy!
- Place cupcakes on a baking sheet or platter and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours until the ice cream is frozen.
- Combine the powdered sugar, butter, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla and beat with a mixer until completely combined. Let it mix for a few minutes to create a light and fluffy marshmallow buttercream icing.
- Remove the frozen cupcakes and top with frosting and remaining chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately or return to freezer until time to serve.
***You can use a hand mixer but since it does take 5 minutes, I would recommend using a stand mixer if you have one.***
The Ice Cream Cake Mix from The Curious Creamery makes it so simple to create your own customized ice cream cupcakes and cakes. To help you discover all the versatility that The Curious Creamery offers we have a special $2.00 off coupon for you. Make sure to get it below and share with us how you will use it to create your own custom ice cream cake creation!
Click here to save $2.00 off any 1 Cake Mix from The Curious Creamery – http://cbi.as/4uyml