This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Breathe Right, DIAL®, Halls, Kleenex, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #HappilyStocked #CollectiveBias
How to Prepare Your Home For The Season’s Illnesses
I love this time of year for the cooler temperatures but what I do not like is the germs that inevitably find their way into my home. With school in full swing and holiday gatherings quickly approaching, germs are easily spread around. You don’t have to sit back and wait for them to show up at your door before you take action. Instead, you can follow these simple tips to prepare your home for whatever illnesses this season brings.
Tips to Prepare Your Home for Seasonal Illness
- Wash hands frequently – Hands spread germs to other people and to the surfaces that they touch so make sure that you are washing your hands frequently and long enough. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds each time making sure to clean between fingers and under fingernails.
- Disinfect Your Home – Make sure that you are keeping commonly touched surfaces cleaned daily including doorknobs, remote controls, phones, appliance handles, and sink handles.
- Stay Hydrated – When we are feeling under the weather it is important to stay hydrated while you are getting well. Water with lemon, decaf tea, clear soups or broths, and ice chips are all great ways to make sure you are getting enough fluid.
- Fill the Pantry and Fridge – Make sure you have healthy and convenient meal options so you and your family have something to eat no matter how you are feeling. Soup and sandwiches are always great choices and simple enough for anyone to prepare.
- Stock up Your Medicine Cabinet – Not only do you need to stock up on food for your pantry but you also need to make sure that your medicine cabinet is stocked as well.This is also a good time to check for medicine that has expired. Make sure to dispose of expired medications according to package instructions. Replace expired products and purchase new products that will help you and your family find relief when illness strikes.
When I am stocking up my pantry and fridge at Kroger, I also make sure to pick up the items that I need for my medicine cabinet. There is no reason to make a trip to another store when Kroger has everything I need in one place. Since germ season is here, I made sure to include my medicine cabinet essentials on my grocery list. These products are from brands I trust to relieve my family’s symptoms and help us get through germ season.
My list included the following trusted products:
Dial Complete Foaming Hand Wash
Breathe Right Extra Clear
Halls Cherry Cough Drops
Kleenex Trusted Care
Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Caplets
TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night
I trust these products to help me prepare my home and my family for whatever germs this season has for us. They have proven themselves beneficial to my family and will help your family as well. Discover why we love the products on our list.
Dial Complete Foaming Hand Washes are antibacterial and kill 99.9% of germs while leaving your family’s skin feeling hydrated and soft. It is is America’s #1 Soap* and perfect for every member of the family. It is available in 3 light scents – White Tea, Pear, and Spring Water.
Breathe Right Extra Clear Strips provide relief from congestion and help reduce snoring caused by nighttime nasal congestion. The strips are drug free which makes them safe to use with any sleep medication. They are easy to apply and are the only nasal strip made with 3M adhesive. They work by lifting and opening the nasal passages to increase airflow so you can breathe better. When you breathe better, you sleep better and when you sleep better, your family does to.
Halls Cough Drops soothe a scratchy throat and relieves cough. My family’s favorite flavor are the Cherry but they are also available in Honey Lemon and Mentholyptus. The 30 count bags are perfect for use at home and easily fit in purses or bags for relief on the go.
Kleenex is the #1 consumer preferred facial tissue and they are strong enough that one tissue is all you need. Their softness makes them a welcome relief from runny noses.
Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Caplets provides powerful relief of your symptoms without a prescription. It helps defeat the symptoms that keep you in bed including sore throat, congestion, fever, cough, headaches, and body aches.
TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night provides all in one symptom relief from Tylenol® the #1 doctor recommended pain relief brand. The day/night pack provides convenient caplets that work on your symptoms anytime of day. It is recommended for adults and children 12 years and older.
By following these simple tips you will find that this season’s illnesses will be easier to handle. A little preparation goes a long way in ensuring that you and your family can tackle whatever germs come your way. Don’t let germs dictate how you will spend your holiday season, get prepared today.
Stock up your medicine cabinet and take advantage of special savings on these great products during the the month of November when you shop at your local Kroger Store.
Discover more inspiring content to help you prepare your home and family for this season’s illnesses.
- Breathe Right – Read and follow label directions.
- Dial – © The Dial Corporation, a Henkel company
- * Based on unit sales of soap products in last 52 weeks scanned data
- Halls – HALLS Cough Drops temporarily soothe sore throats.
- Kleenex – ® Registered Trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. © KCWW
- Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed.
- TYLENOL® – © Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2016
- Use only as directed
- The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.