No Bake Oatmeal Apple Pecan Cookies
Back to School season is upon us and that means there are 180 days of lunches to think about packing. Packaged snacks can be expensive and also not as healthy for us as we would like. These simple No Bake Oatmeal Apple Pecan Cookies are the perfect snack for packing in lunches or serving after school. The recipe makes about 2 dozen cookies and you can easily double or triple it. If you want to keep the cookies fresh longer, flash freeze once they have cooled and then store them in a ziploc bag. Pull them out as you need them for lunches and snacks.
No Bake Oatmeal Apple Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in salt, sugar, cinnamon and apples.
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in quick oats and pecans. If the mixture still seems like it won’t stay together you can add a few more oats.
- Lay out a sheet of wax paper and drop by tablespoonful onto wax paper.
- Allow to harden by cooling for 30 + minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
This Oatmeal Apple Pecan Cookies Recipe is super delicious and you can switch it up to create even more delicious cookies with the variations listed below.
Variations to Oatmeal Apple Pecan Cookies
- Substitute the pecans with chopped walnuts, almonds, pistachios, or peanuts
- Add in raisins, sunflower seeds, cranberries, chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips
- Substitute coconut oil for the butter.
- No Quick Oats, use regular old fashion oats for a chewier cookie
Looking for more great ideas when packing Back To School lunches, check out this great round up of Bento Box Lunch Ideas.