Jason’s Deli Celebrates 40th Anniversary
with Customer Appreciation Day
Jason’s Deli is celebrating its 40th anniversary and will be having a special Customer Appreciation Day on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Since moving to the Knoxville area, I have been wanting to try out this deli that I have heard such great thing about. This upcoming Customer Appreciation Day is the perfect excuse to head on out and with their great offer, my pocketbook can’t refuse. Guests who dine at participating Jason’s Deli restaurants and purchase any adult entrée can also get one 1976 menu item at its original price. The 1976 menu items include eight different “European-style” sandwiches served with chips or baked chips. Prices range from $1.35 for a cheese sandwich to $1.95 for a Reuben sandwich
Jason’s Deli started out as a single location in Beaumont, Texas and now boasts 260 locations in 28 states. Find the location nearest you, HERE!
Jason’s Deli has undergone many changes over the past 40 years and some the greatest achievements include the following:
- The signature sandwich, the New Orleans Muffaletta, made its debut on the menu in 1978.
- In 1980, the famous salad bar was created and a partnership with the Heart institute of St. Elizabeth Hospital was established to develop heart-healthy menu items.
- In 2005, all partially hydrogenated oils – source of artificial trans fats – were eliminated and vegetarian items were highlighted on the menu for the first time.
- In 2006, Jason’s Deli was the first major restaurant chain to indicate all USDA-certified organic ingredients on their menu.
- Artificial MSG and high-fructose corn syrup were eliminated from all food items in 2008.
- In 2010, all dyes were banned, starting with the Kid’s Menu. Gluten-sensitive and vegan menus were also introduced.
- A Meatless Eats section was added to the menu in 2013.
- In 2014, Jason’s Deli was the first major restaurant chain to offer a gluten-free chicken nugget, J.D. Nuggetz, which has a cornmeal coating instead of flour. The chicken is also free of antibiotics.
- The first menu item developed with MD Anderson Cancer Center nutritionists was in 2014. Since then Jason’s Deli has helped raise $668,000 for cancer research.
Head on out to your local Jason’s Deli and enjoy 1976 prices during Customer Appreciation Day on November 30th. Find more information about this special day by visiting them online now.