This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Clorox, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #AHealthyHolidays #CollectiveBias
How to Assemble a Guest Medicine Cabinet for a Healthy Holiday
No one wants to become sick over the holidays but unfortunately for some this is inevitable. With so many holiday gatherings and everyone bustling about, the spread of germs this time of year can cause many to become ill. No one likes to be ill during the holiday season and you can help your holiday guests enjoy a healthy holiday by assembling a guest medicine cabinet prior to their arrival. With just a few items, you can have a well-stocked medicine cabinet ready for when your guests need it and they won’t have to worry about interrupting you if they need something. Check out our helpful list of “must-have” items for your guest medicine cabinet and make sure you are ready to keep everyone healthy this holiday season.
Must Haves for a Guest Medicine Cabinet
- Plastic Basket or Reusable Shoe Box – Many bathrooms do not have a traditional medicine cabinet so it is easiest to use a reusable basket or shoe box. This also makes it portable and easy to move between rooms if needed.
- Facial Tissue – A box of facial tissue is perfect for runny noses and covering a mouth when coughing. Invest a little extra to get a high quality, soft facial tissue for protection from dryness and irritation.
- Cough Drops – The changes in weather and a ton of talking can leave guests with a sore throat. Having cough drops on hand will help soothe a sore throat and help them stay part of the holiday festivities.
- Bandages and Antibiotic Cream – Cuts and scrapes can happen and guests will appreciate having the items needed to treat them at hand. Pick up bandages in several sizes and types to accommodate guests of all ages.
- Cotton Balls and Cotton Swabs – These are great to clean out cuts and scrapes as well as apply antibiotic cream or other ointments. Guests will also appreciate these being on hand for makeup removal, cleaning their ears, and more.
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes – These are a must have in every room of my house during the holiday season. Guests will appreciate being able to wipe down hard non-porous surface areas with high germ traffic to help keep themselves healthy. It will also help them wipe down any areas they may leave germs on so that others don’t get sick.
- Pain Relievers – Purchase small bottles of different types of pain relievers so guests can choose the one they use most often. Make sure to check expiration dates and discard of any old pain relievers properly.
- OTC (Over the Counter) Medications Specific to Common Seasonal Illnesses – Make sure to check the expiration date of any old medications and replenish them with new medications. Make sure to dispose of expired medications properly and according to package instructions.
My favorite OTC medications include these trusted products:
Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Caplets
TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night
I found out this week that I will be having company during the holidays, so I had to pull out my guest medicine cabinet box and check what I needed. Most of the items had been used up, so on recent trip to Kroger, I picked up the necessary items to replenish my guest medicine cabinet box and some for our own medicine cabinet.
Abreva is easy to apply and helps heal cold sores in as little as 2 1/2 days***. It works best when used at the first sign of a cold sore (e.g. the tingle that you feel on your lip) and is the only FDA approved OTC medication to shorten healing time. Guests won’t worry about appearing in holiday photos thanks to this medication that shortens the duration of pain, itching, burning and tingling.
Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Caplets provides powerful relief of your symptoms without a prescription. It helps defeat the symptoms that keep you in bed including sore throat, congestion, fever, cough, headaches, and body aches.
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes kill 99.9% of germs** that can live on surface for up to 48 hours. Avoid spreading germs by wiping down surfaces because they kill 99.9% of Viruses* and bacteria. They also kill Staph, E.Coli, Salmonella, and Strep.
TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night provides all in one symptom relief from Tylenol® the #1 doctor recommended pain relief brand. The day/night pack provides convenient caplets that work on your symptoms anytime of day. It is recommended for adults and children 12 years and older.
These are our family’s “go-to” products when germs attack during the holiday season and all year long. I make sure that we always have these on hand so that my family can tackle any germs that come our way. By sharing these trusted products with our guests,I can insure that everyone has a happy and healthy holiday. Help your family and friends enjoy their holidays when you create your own Guest Medicine Cabinet with the products mentioned above.
Stock up your medicine cabinet and take advantage of special savings on these great products when you shop at your local Kroger or Kroger Banner Store.
Discover more ways you can keep your family and guests healthy this holiday season.
Abreva – Use only as directed. Read and follow label directions.
***Median healing time is 4.1 days, 25% of users healed in 2.5 days.
Clorox – Use as directed on hard non-porous surfaces.
*Influenza A Virus
**On hard, non-porous surfaces. See product label for list of organisms.
Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed.
TYLENOL® – ® Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.