Hibiscus Blueberry Popsicles
If you are having a summer like we are in East Tennessee, then you are looking for something to help you stay cool in this heat. Since we can’t stay inside our air conditioned houses and cars all the time, it is necessary to find some delicious icy, sweet treats to help cool us down. Skip the store bought treats and treat your family and friends to these scrumptious Hibiscus Blueberry Popsicles from Chef Zipora Einav.
These popsicles are simple to make at home with a few ingredients and take advantage of the blueberries that are currently in season. I know that we are heading out tomorrow to pick our own blueberries and these popsicles will be one of the first thing we make.
Don’t let the Hibiscus Petals, steer you away from making this recipe. They can be found at many stores that sell dried tea, Whole Foods Market,and other specialty grocers. If you don’t want to look for them in store, you can order them ONLINE.
Hibiscus Blueberry Popsicles (Makes 8-10)
Ingredients for Step 1
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 3 TB Dry Hibiscus Petals
Ingredients for Step 2
- Juice from 4 fresh lemons
- 1TB Lemon Peel
- 1 ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Fresh Blueberries
Note: You will need 8-10 Popsicle Molds and Sticks
- In a small pot, mix the maple syrup, 2/3 cup water and hibiscus petals and heat up on low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 15-20 minutes; then strain the mixture and throw away the Hibiscus petals.
- Combine the fresh lemon juice, lemon peel and 1 ½ cup water; then mix with the Hibiscus water and pour into a measuring cup
- Fill 8-10 popsicle molds with the liquid and add the popsicle sticks to each mold. Then add 4-6 whole fresh blueberries into each mold; set the cover on top of the mold.
- Place in the freezer for 12 hours or overnight.
- To remove the frozen popsicles, rinse the mold under hot water for 30-40 seconds and remove gently. Then serve and enjoy!
If you need even more reason to make these delicious popsicles, check out the 5 Ways Cooking Benefits your Mental State!
More About Chef Zipora Einav
Chef Zipora Einav is an accomplished private chef who has cooked for some of Hollywood’s most notable celebrities – Bob Hope, Jack Nicholson, Mariah Carey, Pierce Brosnan, Scarlett Johansson – and for professional athletes, including former National Football League star Donovan McNabb.She is the author of Recipe for a Delicious Life, which includes recipes, a classical music CD titled Music for a Delicious Life, and her anecdotes and adventures while travelling the world as a private chef. She founded her company, rel=”follow”Chef Zipora Enterprise – Comfort Food in Harmony with Your Health ™ to improve people’s lives by empowering them to eat well and embrace a healthy lifestyle. The company achieves this through its food, music products, books and edutainment programs.