This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #LayerOnLove #CollectiveBias
Easy Ways to Give Back During the Holidays
For most of us the holiday season is a joyous time of the year with our only thoughts being how to get everyone on our list the gifts that they want. However, nearly 15% of Americans live in poverty and the holidays are just another reminder that they don’t have enough money to make ends meet let alone celebrate the holidays. The holidays are also a sign that temperatures are dropping. For most of us, when the temperatures drop too low for short sleeves and sweatshirts, we solve the problem by tossing on our heavy jackets. But for those living in poverty, a winter coat is something “extra” that isn’t in the budget. This Holiday give the gift of warmth and spread love this holiday season to those in need with these easy ways to “Give Back.”
- Text “LOVE” to 501501 to donate $5 to One Warm Coat. – Last year Coca-Cola™ worked with One Warm Coat to provide a layer of love for over a half a million people in need. This year, they’re doing it again and want to make it easier for you to get involved. Everyone deserves to be warm when the weather drops and a single text can make a difference. Share this information with your family and friends so they can give the gift of warmth also.
- Donate blankets to a local shelter. – Just as many of those in poverty don’t have warm coats, blankets are often lacking in local shelters. Get friends or co-workers in on the action by collecting gently used or new blankets blankets and donate them to a local shelter in your area. Clean out your linen closest and help someone in need at the same time.
- Donate outgrown or coats that are no longer used. – As our kids get older we are often left with a pile of coats that no longer fit. Clean these coats and donate them to a local shelter to give back to those directly in your area.
- Give a holiday food basket to a family in need – Having enough food is also a problem for those living in poverty. Donate a food basket to a family in need themed for the holiday or full of mealtime basics. You can also collect canned goods and non-perishables and donate them to a local food bank.
- Collect toiletries for local shelters or food banks – Get your co-workers involved by collecting toiletry items for local shelters. These items are often in need but not always donated. By donating these items you help those in need have the basics that so many of us take for granted.
- Give the gift of an ice cold Coca-Cola™ – Spread holiday cheer to anyone you meet this holiday season by spreading cheer with an ice cold Coca-Cola. Pick up several 500 ML 6-packs while shopping at your local WalMart, refrigerate to a perfect 37º, and start gifting. Surprise your co-workers, postal worker, delivery men/women, neighbors, and family with a crisp, cold Coca-Cola
Remember the holidays are about spreading cheer and love to those we meet. Remember to stop and enjoy the things around you instead of getting stressed out this holiday season. Stop running around and make sure to enjoy the time with your family and friends. You will look at the holidays in a new light when you take time to give back to those in need. Make sure to text “LOVE” to 501501 to donate $5 to One Warm Coat and encourage your family and friends to do the same.
Don’t forget to thank them for helping this wonderful cause by rewarding them with an ice cold bottle of Coca-Cola. Stock up on six packs at your local Walmart so you don’t run out this holiday season.
TEXT “LOVE” to 501501 to donate $5 to One Warm Coat