This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, Similac. #NutritionintheMix #Collectivebias #Walmart
Easy Baked Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese
Summer is quickly coming to a close and soon we will be be back to school shopping and getting back on track with our busy school year schedules. Dinnertime is a big stress for many parents between picky children, providing healthy meals,and finding the time to prepare these meals. This easy baked butternut squash macaroni and cheese is a big hit at dinnertime and allows you to sneak in veggies without them noticing. Plus children of all ages, including picky toddlers, can’t say no to delicious macaroni and cheese.
Speaking of picky toddlers, many parents often worry about their children getting enough nutrition in the mix of foods that they will eat. Similac® has introduced products that allow you to help your little ones (over the age of 1) get the nutrients that they need. These two new products are Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™ and Go & Grow by Similac® Milk-Based Powder. Right now you you can earn $3.00 with the purchase of any size of Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™ with Ibotta.
The Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™ are perfect for adding to foods that your child will already eat, like this delicious butternut squash macaroni and cheese. Each single serving packet has protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, allowing you to add extra nutrition. Plus it doesn’t change the texture of the food that you add it to. To use, you simply mix-in one packet into 1/2 cup of your child’s food. No more than two packets are recommended to be used daily.
The Go & Grow by Similac® Milk-Based Powder is available in Original, Non-GMO, Sensitive, and Vanilla. This powder is simply added to water, shaken, and it is ready to serve. It contains OptiGRO™ and is designed to support brain, eye, and physical development. It is the perfect way to balance your toddler’s diet at home or on the go.
Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™ and Go & Grow by Similac® Milk-Based Powder are available at your local Walmart and at Walmart.com.
Thanks to these two great products it is even easier to make sure our little ones are getting the extra nutrition that they need for their development. Plus with school time quickly approaching make your dinner time hassles a thing of the past with this Baked Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese.
Baked Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups butternut squash,cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Use one packet of Go & Grow by Similac® Food Mix-Ins™ for one serving (or ½ cup of food).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven is preheating, cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring a pot of water to boil, add butternut squash and cook until soft.
- Mash butternut squash into a puree. (I use a hand potato masher but you can also use a blender.) Add milk and 3 cups cheddar cheese to the butternut squash puree. Mix well and then stir in Parmesan Cheese.
- Combine pasta with the butternut squash/cheese mixture and place in baking dish.
- Remove 1/2 cup serving of butternut squash macaroni and cheese and mix-in one packet of Go & Grow by Similac® Food Mix-Ins™. ** Place in small baking dish or ramekin.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and bake 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
**You should use no more than 2 packets of Go & Grow by Similac® Food Mix-Ins™ daily.**
Visit Walmart and/or Walmart.com to purchase Go & Grow by Similac® Mix-Ins™ and Go & Grow by Similac® Milk-Based Powder.