My family has an obsession with Cookie Butter, ever since we discovered this delicious treat at Trader Joe’s. We use it as a dip for apples, to make sandwiches, and even use it in some of our favorite dessert recipes. One of my favorite cookies to whip up are No Bake Cookies because I don’t have to deal with turning on the oven and can have them done in about 20 minutes. This makes for a quick, delicious sweet treat whenever the craving strikes. I decided to combine two of my favorite things and ended up with these delicious Cookie Butter No Bake Cookies. After eating these tasty treats, I don’t know that I will ever make No Bake Cookies another way.
Cookie Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1 cup cookie butter (I prefer the Biscoff brand from the grocery store but my husband prefers the kind from Trader Joe’s. Both work perfectly in this recipe.)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4-5 cups quick oats (I always start out with 3 cups and add the additional as needed.)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (If you don’t have brown sugar you can substitute with white.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally, and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cookie butter.
- Once all the ingredients are completely combined, slowly add 3 cups oats and stir together.
- You may need to add additional oats. Do slowly, until you have a thick mixture that sticks together when dropped on wax paper.
- Drop cookie butter no bake cookie mixture by the spoonful until waxed paper.
- Let cool completely, about one hour. You can chill faster by placing the waxed paper on a tray and putting it in the refrigerator.
**If you still want some chocolate with your no bake cookies, add 3 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa with the milk, brown sugar and butter in the saucepan. **