So excited to introduce you to a sweet and straightforward treat, Spiced Spread Dipped Chocolate Spoons! Now, if you’ve never heard of spiced spread, think along the lines of cookie butter. It’s quite the concoction that’s been creating a stir as of late.
My family goes absolutely bonkers for it! Trader Joe’s has brought it into the limelight, but you can get your hands on it at most local grocery stores.
Combining the wonderful taste of cookie butter with rich chocolate creates a truly delightful treat.
These Cookie Butter Chocolate Covered Spoons are simple to make and perfect for enjoying on their own or stirring into a warm beverage. Let’s get started and have some fun creating these yummy spoons!
When it comes to chocolate, quality matters. Opt for a good-quality chocolate chip to ensure a delicious final result on your spoons. If you have a flavor or brand you like that is easy to melt, start with that. You can try others each time you make them.
Melting Chocolate the Right Way
Melting chocolate can be a bit tricky, but with a few tips, you can achieve a smooth consistency perfect for dipping. You can use a double boiler or melt the chocolate in the microwave in short intervals, stirring frequently to avoid overheating.
Each microwave is different, so start with intervals of 30 seconds. Then, remove and stir. If you need more, increase it to 45 seconds and so on. Once it’s melted and hasn’t been overheated, you’re ready to go!
How To Make Them
Before you begin, make sure your workspace is clean and organized. Lay out your plastic spoons, cookie butter, and sprinkles ready to go. This will make it easier to assemble your spoons quickly.
Then, begin to melt the chocolate until the consistency is right, and you’re ready to begin!
Using your plastic spoons, scoop a generous amount of cookie butter. Make sure it’s spread evenly across the spoon’s surface, but avoid overloading it to keep it from becoming too heavy.
Then, carefully dip each cookie butter-filled spoon into the melted chocolate. Ensure that the entire surface of the cookie butter and spoon is coated. But you won’t need to go up the handle of the spoon.
While the chocolate is still wet, add your desired amount of sprinkles over the chocolate-coated spoon. This will give them a fun and colorful touch.
To maintain an even distribution of chocolate on the spoons, hold them vertically. Allow the chocolate to semi-solidify for a few moments rather than placing them flat.
This prevents it from pooling or setting unevenly. After the chocolate begins to stabilize, position the spoons upright in a container, such as a glass or cup, to further the setting process.
This can be done at room temperature or, for expedited results, within a refrigerated environment. Ensure adequate spacing between spoons within the chosen container to prevent them from adhering to each other during the setting phase.
Additional Ways to Enjoy the Spoons
You can also get creative with your Cookie Butter Chocolate Covered Spoons by trying different variations:
- Experiment with various types of chocolate, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate, to create a range of flavors.
- Add different toppings, like crushed nuts, shredded coconut, or mini chocolate chips, to create unique and personalized spoons.
- Try using different spreads, like peanut butter or almond butter, for a twist on the classic Cookie Butter Chocolate Covered Spoons.
Storing and Packaging for Gifting
If you plan on gifting these delightful spoons or simply want to store them for later enjoyment, follow these tips:
- Store the spoons in an airtight container at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat sources to prevent melting.
- Separate the spoons using parchment paper or wax paper layers to prevent them from sticking together.
- For gifting, package the spoons individually in clear cellophane bags tied with a ribbon or in small decorative boxes with tissue paper.
Cookie Butter Chocolate Covered Spoons
- Cookie Butter
- 2 Cups Chocolate chips
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- Plastic Spoons
- In a glass bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil.
- Microwave for one minute, remove from microwave and stir.
- Return to microwave for 30 more seconds, remove and stir until melted.
- Take a plastic spoon and scoop up a small amount of cookie butter on the spoon.
- Dip in melted chocolate.
- Add sprinkle on top of spoon and lay on wax paper.
- Repeat with remaining spoons.
- Place in refrigerator until the chocolate is hardened.