This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
Family Movie Night is always a fun time in our house because we get to spend time together as a family. We take turns selecting movies and often end up with the latest new release to hit the shelf. However, planning ahead isn’t our normal mode of operation. We often end up deciding at the last minute, so snack planning is often last minute. I like to bake a sweet treat to compliment the popcorn. I like to keep snacks on hand for last minute Family Movie Nights and while shopping at Walmart last week, I picked up some Coca-Cola, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies snack canisters, and restocked up on Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Butter Popcorn.
This week our Family Movie Night pick was War Room. I wanted to bake an extra special snack but movie time was coming quickly. I decided to bake my delicious Coca-Cola Cupcakes because I knew I wouldn’t have to worry about time. I then frosted them with chocolaty, homemade M&M Frosting and the family went wild.
War Room Review
We had heard great things about the powerful message that War Room tells in it’s story. The story focuses on a couple who are experiencing marital problems. The wife meets an elderly woman who introduces her to the power of prayer. While she prays to save her marriage, her husband struggles with his own problems. Will their marriage be saved and their family restored is the question during the movie. We were not disappointed and immediately told our family and friends how amazing and inspiring the movie was. It was a true testament to the power of prayer and why prayer is so important in our daily lives. There is more to being a Christian than going to church and believing. We need to give all our problems in God’s hands. War Room was truly inspirational and is a must see for everyone. We are glad to have added War Room to our movie library.
During War Room we enjoyed a delicious balance of snacks and agree with why everyone has been recommending War Room. Our Family Movie Night was a huge success and your’s can be also when you make delicious Coca-Cola Cupcakes with M&M Frosting. Find the recipe below and a special offer to receive a $10 VUDU Movie Credit.
Coca-Cola Cupake Recipe
1 1/2 cups of Coca-Cola
Chocolate Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cupcake wells or line with cupcake liners.
- Pour chocolate cake mix into a medium mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in Coca-Cola.
- Using hand mixer, mix together until completely combined.
- Scoop Coca-Cola cupcake mix into cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting with M&M Frosting (directions below)
- Top with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies of choice (I used peanut M&M’S® Chocolate Candies)
1 1/3 cups plain M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
3 Tbsps Milk
- Pour M&M’S® Chocolate Candies into small pan
- Add in milk
- Set heat to medium and stir ingredients together.
- Stir frequently, until chocolate is melted.
- Frost cupcakes immediately as frosting will harden.
These Coca-Cola Cupcakes with M&M Frosting will sweeten up your Family Movie Night. Make sure to offer a wide range of snacks by including Orville Redenbacher Popcorn and delicious Coca-Cola beverages. A Family Movie Night is not complete unless everyone has something to snack on.
VUDU Offer – Get a $10 Movie Credit
- Buy all 4 participating products* below in one transaction at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16
- Snap a picture of your recipe and submit it online by 2/9/16
- Receive a $10 Vudu Movie Code by email (While supplies last, limit 1 per person)
****Participating Products include Coca-Cola 2 liters or 1/2 liter 6 packs, Select M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, Orville Redenbacher 6 ct popcorn, and your choice of War Room, Joe Dirt 2, Hotel Transylvania 2, & Goosebumps. Check out the VUDU offer for complete details and products included.
To keep your family movie nights fun make sure to follow these great companies on Social Media.