Chocolate Chip French Toast Bake
I love breakfast but often our family is in a hurry in the mornings, so we end up eating cereal, pop-tarts, or other quick food we can grab. This is okay sometimes but I would prefer to feed my family something more substantial and tasty. I try to find breakfast recipes that I can prepare ahead of time and just cook in the morning while we are all getting ready. This delicious Chocolate Chip French Toast Bake allows me to do both and my family loves this new twist on a favorite breakfast food.
- 8 eggs
- 10 cups cubed Challah Bread (Egg Bread)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
- Stir to combine completely. Make sure the eggs get blended in.
- Place cubed bread in baking dish and pour egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and mix into bread pieces.
- Make sure that the egg mixture is covering all the bread cubes.
- In small bowl, mix the topping ingredients: quick oats and brown sugar.
- Add butter to the topping ingredients and combine till you have a crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle on top of bread cubes. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate overnight. A minimum of 6 hours is recommended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cook for 40 -50 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove and serve warm.
If you want to add some more flavor to this delicious Chocolate Chip French Toast Bake, add sliced bananas or strawberries after you add the chocolate chips.
How do you save time in the mornings and still serve a hearty breakfast? Let us know in the comments below.