Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffins
Chocolate does not stand a chance at surviving very long when it arrives in our home. With three chocoholics, it becomes a race to see who can hide the chocolate from the other two. Not only do we love chocolate on its own but there are no complaints when chocolate flavored treats grace the dining table. When I received my package of delicious chocolates from Chocolat Frey®, my first thought was delicious, warm muffins. I decided to make Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffins.
Chocolat Frey is the #1 chocolate in Switzerland and after tasting the way the Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffins tasted, I know why. Chocolat Frey only uses authentic ingredients including rich cocoa beans, Swiss milk, and whole roasted nuts. They leave nothing to chance in their process and created perfection from bean to chocolate bar. This 100% Swiss company has been around since 1887 when it was started by brothers, Robert and Max Frey. Even today all products are exclusively manufactured in Switzerland. They also value sustainability and are certified by UTZ.
After indulging in the luxurious taste of Chocolat Frey, I realized that adults need a little treat for the upcoming Easter holiday. What better way to help them celebrate than with a Chocolat Frey Easter basket featuring some of my favorite flavors. To add a little more love to the basket, add a dozen fresh baked Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffins. If you really want to make your Easter guests happy make sure to set the table with a chocolate bunny at each place setting. Don’t blame me if they decide to head right for dessert and enjoy the delicious chocolate you have placed before them.
Chocolat Frey is a Swiss chocolate but it is now available in North America. Look for these tasty products in a store near you.
Get ready to make your Chocolat Frey Easter Basket with this delicious Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffin Recipe.
Cherry Chip Dark Chocolate Muffins
1 cup Chocolat Frey Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Bars, Chopped (6.3 oz bag)
1/2 cup dried cherries
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled down
(If you use unsalted add 1/2 tsp of salt to dry ingredients)
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a 12 cup muffing pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In large bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder.
4. In a medium bowl whisk the milk, butter, eggs and sugar.
5. Slowly stir in wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients.
6. Keep stirring until combined and then add chocolate and cherries.
7. Divide batter among the 12 muffin cups.
8. Bake in oven on 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
9.Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes.
10.Remove from oven and enjoy!
Each piece of Chocolat Frey provides a complex yet pure taste profile. You can always tell a quality chocolate by how it satisfies your craving and Chocolat Frey provides satisfaction with each bite. My whole family loved the incredible flavors so much, we are excited to give you the chance at winning your own prize pack from Chocolat Frey. Make sure to enter my giveaway and hop over to the other blogs for even more chances at winning.
- 1 cup Chocolat Frey Dark Chocolate Crunchy Nut Bars, Chopped (6.3 oz bag)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted and cooled down
- (If you use unsalted add 1/2 tsp of salt to dry ingredients)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffing pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl whisk the milk, butter, eggs and sugar.
- Slowly stir in wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- Keep stirring until combined and then add chocolate and cherries.
- Divide batter among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven on 425 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue to cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!