Celebrate Your Families “Bare Necessities”
With The Jungle Book
My favorite song from The Jungle Book is “The Bare Necessities.” This song was in the original animated version and reappears in the new re-imagining. I love watching Baloo interact with Mowgli and share his knowledge about the simple things in life (a.k.a. bare necessities) and why it is important to slow down and enjoy them. I feel that this is something everyone needs to understand in today’s fast paced society.
Today I want to share with you what my family’s “Bare Necessities” are. These are the things that matter the most to us and at the end of the day the things that we need to know everything is going to be okay. I encourage you to take the time (if you haven’t already) and find your family’s “Bare Necessities.” To get you in the mood, check out the music video below and sing along.
My Family’s “Bare Necessities”
- Family Time – This is so important in the chaos of life. Even with daily responsibilities, we take time to slow down, unplug, and spend time together. This has become more vital since we relocated 9 hours away from our extended family. Now we take advantage of all the time we can get when visiting.
- Communication – It is amazing how you can talk to people but never really communicate. We have an open topic policy and find that we learn the most about each other and ourselves when we take the time to communicate with each other.
- Hugs – This is the simplest bare necessity and it costs absolutely nothing. A hug can go so far to show someone we care and that we are thinking of them. Hugs are very powerful and show compassion as well as kindness when we share them with others.
- Friends – These aren’t measure by number but by the quality of the friends that we do have. Having people we can depend on when we need them and being the friends that people can depend on helps to ease the worries and stressors of the world.
- Faith – Our faith in God is the thing we lean on to get us through the good and bad times. We hold our relationship with Him in very high regard. We have been blessed to be surrounded by a wonderful church family since we relocated and are thankful that God has brought them into our lives to help us grow.
These are the things that my family holds most dear and consider to be our “Bare Necessities.” I do know that we need food, money and shelter but those are the basic things that everyone needs. I also wanted to focus on the truly important things because when we have our necessities, the rest will follow.