I love giving and getting homemade gifts all year round but especially during the holiday season. I often try to create gifts that are unique and personalized to the person that is receiving them. During the month of October, most people are focused on the awareness of Breast Cancer. However, many people quickly forget that breast cancer survivors need our support more than one month a year. This breast cancer awareness door wreath is a great way to brighten up someone’s day and show you care.
- 18 inch vine wreath size
- 3 bunches of pink flowers
- 3 feet of pink ribbon
- 12 inch piece of wire or ribbon
- Glue Gun
- Optional: 2 inch letters in white or pink spelling out HOPE
- Glue the start of the ribbon to the back, top side of the wreath.
- Wrap the ribbon around the wreath leaving space between each section.
- If you run out of ribbon before you are back at the top, add a little more space between the sections.
- Glue the final edge to the back of the wreath, where you ended.
- String the wire (or ribbon) thru the branches on the back of the wreath and tie in a knot.
- Cut the flowers off the stems and hot glue them to an area of the wreath.
- If you are using letters, glue them on this time.
- Let the glue dry and then you are ready to hang or give as a gift.
This wreath takes between 15-20 minutes to make and can easily be customized just by swapping out the ribbon and flower colors.