We were given a complimentary meal as guests of Fall Creek Steakhouse as part of the #BloggingBranson event. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Branson Restaurant Review:
Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House Provides Food and Fun
(Free Printable I Spy Game)
I love unique restaurants and during our Blogging Branson trip, we had a chance to enjoy lunch at a popular Branson restaurant. The folks at Fall Creek Steak and Catfish House provide a fun dining experience for diners of all ages. The restaurant is decorated in a fun, kitschy style that creates a relaxed atmosphere but that is not what they are known for.
Their claim to fame is being home to “Tossed Rolls” and many times these mouth-watering rolls are tossed to guests along with a song. These are not just any rolls either, they are fresh baked, hot rolls that melt in your mouth and perform a prelude to the meal that is ahead. During our lunch they brought in a local performer to serenade us with her beautiful voice while tossing us delicious hot rolls.
From the moment you walk in you are greeted with a delightful atmosphere as the restaurant is decorated with fun signs, statues, and decorations.My first thought was how fun it would be to play I Spy with the family while you waited for your food. So I decided to create one that you can print out and take with you and have a competition with your family and friends to see who can find all the items on the list first. You can get your free printable Fall Creek Steakhouse “I Spy” Game at the end of the post.
We were having a hard time deciding what to order for lunch and our friends from Simply Sherryl suggested we each pick an dish and do a tasting. This was an incredible idea and the four of us enjoyed the following menu items.
- The Awesome Blossom – The sweet flavors of the onion are celebrated in this classic fried presentation. It was breaded just right and the flavors of the onion shined through the breading which provided the perfect crunch to the soft onion.
- Barbecue Beef Sandwich – This twist on a classic barbecue beef sandwich includes red onions and pickles. I have never had these on a barbecue sandwich but they provided a bright, crisp note to an otherwise soft sandwich while bringing in some acidity to balance the sweetness of the barbecue sauce.
- Country Fried Steak – A tender beef steak that was fried to perfection and topped with a classic white gravy. It pairs perfectly with the side of mashed potatoes for a down home country meal. The inclusion of spices on top of the gravy provided a little punch of flavor to the whole dish.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – A simple chicken sandwich with a moist chicken breast served on top of a toasted bun. They offer a Hickory Chicken sandwich that starts with this simple chicken sandwich but is served with bacon and their homemade barbecue sauce. These additions would provide a wonderful salty and sweet addition to the sandwich and I wish we could have tried it this way.
- Southern Fried Fish – This fried catfish had the perfect amount of breading and was fried to perfection for maximum flavor in each bite. It was perfect with french fries and a hushpuppy.
Out of all the dishes we tried our favorites were the The Awesome Blossom and the Southern Fried Fish. My husband was quick to try and claim the Awesome Blossom for himself. Unfortunately for him, he was seated with three women (one of whom is pregnant) so keeping it all to himself was not an option.
The dishes that we tried were just a sampling of the delicious dishes on the menu at this famous Branson restaurant. They are a steak and catfish house and the next time we are in Branson, I would love to try out the steak house portion of their menu. You can discover all the great dishes on the menu and learn more information about Fall Creek Steak and Catfish House by visiting them online HERE!
Make sure to include this Branson restaurant on your list of places to dine at while visiting in Branson and don’t forget to download the “I Spy” game below, before going.
Make plans to stop by Fall Creek Steak and Catfish House when you are in Branson and don’t forget to take the printable “I Spy” game with you.
To get your free printable Fall Creek Steak and Catfish House “I Spy” Game – Click on the image below.