Courtesy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes by Camiila Saulsbury © 2017 www.robertrose.ca Available where
books are sold.
Photo credit for images: Matt Johannsson / Reflector Inc.
Air-Fryer Pecan Pie Roll-Ups
Yesterday, I shared how I discovered an amazing Baked Potato Dip in my new copy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes cookbook. I love my air fryer and and this collection of over 200 recipes by Camilla V. Saulsbury contained everything from main dishes to decadent breakfast recipes.There are even Vegan main recipes included. The bonus is that each recipe has no more than 5 ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, water, and cooking spray) and can the majority can be maid in 15-20 minutes.
Since I have a bit of a sweet tooth, I decided that these Pecan Pie Roll-ups are definitely one that I need to try ASAP. These roll-ups have all the familiar flavors of pecans, brown sugar and pie crust. It is like enjoying a taste of pecan pie in every bite, no Thanksgiving dinner preparations needed.
Pecan Pie Roll-Ups Recipe
- 5 tbsp (75mL) packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 oz (90 g) brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust (from a 15-oz/425 g package)
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) pecan halves, finely chopped
Tips: You can use homemade or thawed frozen pie pastry dough in place of the packaged crust. Use enough dough for a 9-inch (23 cm) single-crust pie, rolled out to a 10-inch (25 cm) circle.
For increased flavor, toast the pecans before adding them to the recipe. Place pecan halves directly in air fryer basket and air-fry at 360°F (180°C) for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Let cool before chopping.
- Preheat air fryer to 330°F (165°C)
- Spray a 6-inch (15 cm) round metal cake pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, stir together 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar and cream cheese until blended and smooth.
- In another small bowl, whisk together egg and water.
- On work surface, unroll pie crust. Spread with cream cheese mixture to within 1⁄4inch (0.5 cm) of edge. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Cut crust into 16 equal wedges. Starting at a wide end, roll up each wedge toward the point.
- Place 5 to 6 roll-ups in prepared pan, spacing them evenly (refrigerate the remaining roll-ups). Lightly brush with egg wash and sprinkle with some of the remaining brown sugar.
- Place pan in air fryer basket. Air-fry for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining roll-ups, egg wash and brown sugar. Discard any excess egg wash.
Makes 16 roll-ups
Make sure to order your copy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes for even more delicious recipes that cook up in a jiffy with your Air-Fryer!