This post contains sponsored content. However, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone.
7 Ways to Save Money on Car Maintenance
Owning a vehicle is a huge financial responsibility that does not stop even after a vehicle is paid off. I remember my parents hammering down that point to me when I went to purchase my first car. I have also shared this information with my son as he steps into adulthood and takes steps toward vehicle ownership. Even with the financial responsibility there are ways to make sure your money stays in your wallet and does not go flying out the window on car maintenance. To help save money on car maintenance we have found 7 simple and effective ways to save money while making sure our vehicles stay in good condition. I hope you find these tips as helpful as we do and start putting some money back in your wallet.
Ways to Save on Car Maintenance
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Underinflated tires provide poor traction and can be a hazard when driving. Your tire is also more likely to blow out and this can lead to additional repair costs. On top of additional repair costs, improperly inflated tires waste gas and effect your fuel economy. Check your tires on a monthly basis and fill up your tires as needed.
- Replace your own wiper blades. There is no reason to waste money at the dealership or auto repair shop on wipe blade replacement. You can purchase the wiper blades for your vehicle online or at your local store and easily swap them out yourself.
- Do your own oil changes. Changing your own oil is inexpensive and relatively easy to learn to do. Make sure to use an oil you can trust. Pennzoil Platinum offers the best cleanliness and protection in the Pennzoil line. Thanks to its With PurePlus™ Technology,it has proven to keep pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standard. You can even save time and money by purchasing the oil online from Walmart.com. Find out more about Pennzoil Platinum and other products after checking out the rest of the ways to save money on car maintenance.
- Have your tires rotated. Check your owner’s manual to find out how often your tires should be rotated and make sure to do so. Most vehicles are recommended between 5,000 – 7,500 miles. Proper rotation of tires allows for your tires to wear more evenly and will help prolong the life of the tire. This will save you from having to replace your tires sooner than later.
- Replace your air filter. Your air filter is another thing that is easy to do on your own and is important to your vehicles maintenance. You can even pick up most air filters at your local Walmart or online. These should be replaced at least twice a year, depending on your driving conditions. A new air filter is not very expensive and is an inexpensive way to make sure you are taking care of your engine by providing proper air flow.
- Find a reputable auto mechanic. There will be times that you will need to take your vehicle in to be serviced or repaired. Make sure that you have a reputable auto mechanic that you can trust and who has reasonable prices for the services they offer. If you discover that your car is beyond repair, you can still get money by trading it in when you buy your next car or selling it for money. See how much your car is worth by visiting DamagedCars.com.
- Shop around for auto insurance every 6 months. Auto insurance is not really maintenance but is something that everyone who owns a car must pay for. It can also account for a large portion vehicle costs and not having the proper amount of insurance can leave you without a vehicle if you are involved in an accident. Make sure to price out your auto insurance premiums every 6 months with multiple insurance companies. Just because one company has been the better option for years doesn’t mean it won’t change.
I recently picked up Pennzoil Platinum for my vehicle during a recent trip to Walmart. After finding out that all Pennzoil products help clean out sludge that other oils leave behind and provides better protection from friction, it made sense that this is what we would want to use when changing our vehicle’s oil. Plus for a limited time, Pennzoil products are on Rollback at Walmart.com. You can easily find all the items you need for your vehicles maintenance online that you might not find in the store. Walmart.com also offers different delivery options including shipping to your home or pick-up in the store. This is just another easy way to save money on car maintenance.
To learn more about Pennzoil Platinum and the other Pennzoil products make sure to follow them on their social channels.
Facebook: Pennzoil products
Instagram: Pennzoil products
YouTube: Pennzoil products
Check out the great rollback prices on Pennzoil products at Walmart.com and save money on car maintenance.