5 Reasons to Visit Jason’s Deli
With so many restaurants, sandwich shops/delicatessens, fast food joints, and food trucks in downtown Knoxville, deciding where to eat lunch can seem overwhelming. Cumberland Ave near the University of Tennessee is loaded with locations offering convenient and quick meals for those that are hungry. Located amid all those locations is a Jason’s Deli. Jason’s Deli is a nationwide chain that started out with one single location in Beaumont, Texas and now boast 260 locations in 28 states. Discover why we choose to eat at Jason’s Deli when in the area and why you need to visit the Jason’s Deli nearest you the next time you are hankering for a bite to eat.
Reasons to Visit Jason’s Deli
- Wholesome Ingredients – They started there mission to provide healthy ingredients in 2005 when they removed artificial trans fats from the menu and highlighted vegetarian items. They became the first major restaurant chain (2006) to indicate the USDA-certified organic ingredients on their menu. In 2008, they eliminated artificial MSG and high-fructose corn syrup from all food items. That wasn’t enough and in 2010, they banned all dyes and started with the items in the kid’s menu. Today you will also find 100% antibiotic free chicken.
- Garden Fresh Salad Bar. The salad bar alone is reason to visit and can be purchased as an all you can eat option or as a one visit side salad to your sandwich, soup, or pasta order. The salad bar is overflowing with fresh organics, real cheeses, dozens of toppings, fresh made side dishes, and their famous mini muffins.
- Menu with Nutritional Information – Upon entering you will find that the menu has caloric information for all the menu items. In the menu you can also see which items are Gluten Sensitive or Vegetarian. You can request a specific Gluten Sensitive Menu for easier navigation if you don’t want to look through the whole menu. They are not a Gluten Free environment but will prepare orders in a “gluten-free preparation” if requested to avoid cross contamination.
- Wide Variety of Menu Items – Many time sandwich shops or delis only serve sandwiches, soups and salads but at Jason’s Deli you can also get pasta dishes, baked potatoes, and the kid’s menu even offers a pizza. There is such a wide variety that there is something for even the pickiest eater.
- Free Ice Cream – You will want to save room after your meal because every Jason’s Deli offers free soft serve ice cream. Treat yourself to a bowl or a cone as a way to finish off your fabulous meal. This is such a simple way to go the extra step for customers but it speaks volume when it comes to showing how customers come first.
I have only visited the location in downtown Knoxville but I have heard great things from other people about different Jason’s Deli locations across the United States. With a strong company foundation it is easy to see how they have grown from 1 location to 266 locations in 40 years. Discover the amazing taste and quality of Jason’s Deli for yourself, by visiting the location nearest you.
Discover more about Jason’s Deli by following along online.