I received two complimentary tickets to Dollywood to facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinion are my own.
5 Reasons to Visit Dollywood
My family moved to East Tennessee in 2015 and one of the things that we were most excited about was getting a chance to explore all that Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg have to offer. This year we finally had the opportunity to visit Dollywood. Dollywood is more than an amusement park and so much to offer the whole family. If you are planning a visit to East Tennessee than you will want to visit Dollywood and these are my 5 reasons why.
1. Roller Coasters and Fun Family Rides – Dollywood is home to several roller coasters for those that feel the need for thrills and speed. If you are a roller coaster fan then you will want to make sure you ride the Wild Eagle and the Tennessee Tornado. If you are looking for something without as many loops and hills, there are plenty of family rides that are full of fun. There are several water rides ,including the River Battle, that will help cool you down on a warm day. Keep the little ones cool and engaged at the Firehouse Fun Yard and Granny’s Garden. There are plenty of rides for everyone who visits no matter what their ride style is.
2. Eagle Mountain Sanctuary – Inside Dollywood, you will find a 30,000 square foot aviary that houses the nation’s largest presentation of non-releasable Bald Eagles. You are able to get a glimpse at these beautiful birds of prey. Along with the sanctuary you can also enjoy the Wings of America Birds of Prey. This show allows you to see these beautiful birds in action. All birds of prey are under the care of the American Eagle Foundation.
3. Live Music and Themed Festivals – During the season there are several themed festivals which provide free concerts throughout the park. These are great places to stop and take a break from your busy day while listening to fantastic music. From November until January 1st (when the park closes for the season) you can get in the holiday mood with a Smoky Mountain Christmas. It features the Smokies most spectacular light display and more. There are also a wide selection of shows that are available all season long.
4. Crafts and Shopping – There are multiple shops located inside Dollywood that sell a wide variety of items from classic amusement park souvenirs, customized items, crafts made in the park, clothes, and more. You can also watch talented employees create these special crafts. Some craftsmen you will enjoy include leatherworks, candle making, blacksmith, and glass making. During the fall they even hold a Harvest Celebration which has over 100 crafters from around the country.
5. Scenery – The scenery cannot be beat when you visit Dollywood because it is located in the beautiful Smoky Mountains. You forget you are in an amusement park because of all the nature that surrounds you. Plus the park is wonderfully themed and you will enjoy checking out the buildings and features that are prominently displayed.
These are our top 5 reasons to visit Dollywood and when you visit you will discover there are many more reasons. Since we live relatively close to this wonderful destination we purchased season passes for each of us so that we can enjoy all the wonderful celebrations during the season.
Visit Dollywood online for more information and to schedule your visit today!