5 Reasons to Switch to Reusable Panty Liners
Over the years, I have been working on ways to save money, cut down on our impact on the environment, and use products in our home that were better for us. I have always struggled with the convenience of disposables versus using reusable products. A few months back, I read an article by Lindsay at Maman Loup’s Den about her successful 3 year use of reusable panty liners. This was the first time, I seriously considered switching for my daughter and I. I decided to do some more research and consider the switch. I reached out to Öko Creations and they sent me a few different styles to try. After using reusable pantyliners for over a month, we are happy we made the switch and want to share with you 5 reasons you should switch also.
Reasons to Switch to Reusable Pantyliners
- Save Money – It doesn’t seem like much when you buy a pack of panty liners at a time but the cost can really add up when you look at it yearly. With both of us using an average of 2-3 liners a day that is 120-180 a month. That is costing approximately $200 a year. With reusable panty liners you are looking at $36 for 4 liners that will be reused for at least a year if not longer. (Lindsay at Maman Loup’s Den has had hers for 3 years.) They also hold more than a disposable panty liner so I don’t have to change it as often.
- Better for the Environment – The reusable panty liners are washed and dried with my regular laundry and don’t require any extra laundering so they are not costing me anything to wash. There is also no used disposable liners, wrappers, or papers being thrown into the landfill. Öko Creations also works to insure the minimal amount of impact is done to the environment in the production of the product. Discover all the ways they insure that this is possible by checking out their eco-actions .
- Healthier Option – There is always a concern about the products and processes used in the creation of personal hygiene products. With the reusable panty liners from Öko Creations I do not have to worry about that. They are made of an absorbent hemp/organic cotton blend fiber.
- Reduce Skin Irritation – Anyone who wears panty-liners daily knows that is easy to get irritation and inflammation from moisture and materials having contact with skin that is sensitive. Reusable panty liners are free from chemicals so they reduce the irritation that occurs from disposable. The liners from Öko Creations are waterproof thanks to the waterproof breathable material so the moisture is wicked trapped in the liner and doesn’t go through your clothes.
- Support Small Businesses – There are not many large companies who make reusable panty liners so when you shop you are supporting a small business. Your purchase is directly helping the lives of workers and owners along with their families. Öko Creations was created in 2009 by two sisters and produces reusable diapers, wipes, makeup remover pads, and handkerchiefs along with their reusable panty liners and pads. They also have a line of products for little ones which includes bibs, burp cloths, and towels.
We have been using the reusable panty liners from Öko Creations for over a month and have been impressed with the way they have held up in the wash and the way they perform. They offer two sizes of panty liners and a full size pad. You can also purchase a small bag to hold your pads or liners in your purse or bag. It is lined so if you are using it to store used liners or pads you don’t have to worrying about leaks.
Shop for your resuable panty liners with Öko Creations and discover the style you prefer.