What If It Happens Again
I have had gastric bypass and went from 265 pounds to 140 pounds (at my lowest weight.) I was happy with my accomplishment but over the past year I have become lazy and made poor decisions and gained back 60 pounds. I have spent the past few months getting myself back on track and watching what I am eating and making myself accountable for my actions. One of the things that is holding me back is my constant worry of “What if it Happens Again?”
I became more depressed when I realized how much weight I had gained and slowly I am getting my self esteem back. The thought of failing again is scary but the more I thought about it I realized that not trying is even more scary. So after a lot of thought I have come up with a list of answers to the question, “What if it Happens Again?”
If it Happens Again
- I will get back up and try again.
- I will admit my mistakes and fix them.
- I will seek support from those around me.
- I will examine why I fell and work to insure it doesn’t happen again.
- I will forgive myself.
- I will focus on the positive steps I have taken.
- I will set small goals and work towards achieving them.
- I will find an accountability partner to keep me on track.
- I will share my goals with others so that they can help encourage me.
- I will take one day at a time.
Focusing on the positive ways that I can address if I falter again, has helped me keep myself motivated and moving forward in the right direction. I know that I cannot predict the future but I also cannot live controlled by the fear of “What if it Happens Again?”
How do you handle it when you fall or slip up? I would love to hear your tips and ideas!
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger
Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point
of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this
weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!