We moved to Knoxville back in June and have already fallen in love with the area and all it has to offer. The one thing we love the most is the wide variety of restaurants the area has to offer. Unlike the Metro Detroit area we moved from, many of the restaurants are locally owned and provide fresh ingredients from the area. We have spent the past 6 months trying out recommendations and have come up with a list of Top Knoxville restaurants. If you live here or are just passing thru, make sure these restaurants make your “Must Visit List.”
****Updated June 5, 2017 after two years in the Knoxville area, we decided to add some of our other favorite restaurants to the list. *****
- Chivo Taqueria – This unique, casual, full service restaurant features their interpretation of tacos, fused with local ingredients. They offer more than tacos and you will want to make sure to try their Mexican Street Corn with your meal.
- Mad Greek – Get ready to enjoy delicious Greek & Italian food with traditional flavors and amazing taste. You can also enjoy amazing desserts from cannolis and baklava to stunning cakes.
- Hard Knox Pizza – This locally owned wood-fired pizzeria provides stunning pizza cooked to perfection. They also offer a variety of salads and sides to accompany your meal.
- Dazzo’s Pizzeria – This locally owned pizzeria provides pizza, pasta, and more and is perfect for a family pizza night. Located in downtown Knoxville, they use fresh local ingredients and remind me of my favorite pizza back home in Michigan.
- Bistro at the Bijou – Focusing on “Farm to Table” this bistro located downtown changes their menu three times a year to highlight the products that are in season. They use local ingredients and you will even find producefrom the owner’s own garden.
- Clancy’s Tavern – Here you will find classic Irish fare in a traditional pub setting that has been elevated to new levels. You can also enjoy a large offering of other options which ensures everyone will leave happy.
- FIVE – They keep it simple with a menu focusing on five items in each category. This allows them to serve food that has been perfected in flavor and appearance. Even though the menu is small, everyone will find something to enjoy.
- Sugar Mama’s Bakery – The desserts here are amazing but they also offer a full menu featuring delicious pizzas, sandwiches and more.
- Frussie’s Deli – Here you will find 11 types of bread made fresh daily, house cured meats, and hand made sides. This means that you will always have a terrific meal for brunch or lunch.
- Market House Cafe – This comfortable cafe is located downtown in Market Square and features a variety of foods made from local businesses and farms. Here you can get everything from breakfast to dinner and even refresh with freshly made juice from their juice bar.
- Archer’s BBQ – Here you will find some of the best BBQ in the Knoxville area. They have four locations and you will find the same product consistency at all locations. Not only is their BBQ amazing but their sides are just as stunning.
- Fountain City Diner – This diner provides delicious home cooked meals. They offer changing daily specials,fabulous homemade desserts and use fresh ingredients.
- The Original Louis Drive-In Restaurant – From the pizza to the pastas, the taste is delicious and servings are large.
- Not Watson’s Kitchen + Bar – Located in Market Square in downtown Knoxville this place is always hopping and it is a no wonder with their delicious entrees and tasty desserts.
- Soccer Taco – With a location in Market Square and in Bearden, you can satisfy your craving for quality Mexican food at great prices.
- Blue Coast Grill & Bar – Food is elevated at this grill & bar that offers fresh farm to table food. Their delectable menu has scrumptious seafood options and much more.
- Dean’s Restaurant & Bakery – With a simple but carefully created menu, dishes here are tasty every time. Make sure to try their sweet tea (which has a special twist) and save room for their tasty desserts. (They are located in Oak Ridge but it is worth the drive if you are in the Knoxville area.)
- Downtown Grill and Brewery – With a full menu and a wide variety of fresh brewed beers,this is a great place to hang out or enjoy a delicious meal. Check out their daily happy hour specials to save on favorite appetizers. The Fried Empanada is a meal all by itself.
- Niro’s Gyros – You will not find a better gyro anywhere in Knoxville than here. Make sure to try the greek friesas a compliment to your gyro.
- Jason’s Deli – This deli is a chain but the food is amazing and always fresh. They have a full salad bar, wide variety of sandwiches and free ice cream for all their patrons.
My family has personally eaten at all the above restaurants and have been very impressed with their food, staff and overall quality.
**Warning – I am not responsible for any overindulgence you may allow yourself to have because the food is delicious. Eat responsibly and don’t forget to order dessert!** 🙂
Do you have a favorite restaurant in Knoxville? Share it in the comment section below because we are always looking for great places to eat!