Top 10 Reasons I Love My Mom
Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away and although I don’t think we should just celebrate A Mother’s Day, I am extremely thankful for my mom. I honestly don’t know where I would be without her. So today I am going to share my mother, Judy, with you and let the world know the top 10 reasons I love my mom.
I Love My Mom Because ….
- She is an amazing role model. From her dedication to her family, church, and friends, my mom has shown me how to be the woman I am today. Whenever someone mentions something positive I do, I always find myself saying, ” You should thank my mom. She made me this way.”She taught me me so much growing up (and still does) about being a wife, mother, friend, etc. I would not be the person I am today had I not had her as a role model.
- She is a fantastic grandmother. Besides being a kick-butt mom, she is a wonderful, loving grandmother. She stepped into this role when I met my husband almost 17 years ago and we started a family with his then 4 year old son. She has continued to amaze us with her Grammy skills as we welcomed our daughter into the family, followed by my nephew and niece. She is very involved in their lives and can’t help sharing how proud she is of each of them.
- She is a dependable friend. Whether it is sending out a card to let you know she is there or embarking on a variety of adventures, she is a friend that you can count on. She will take time out of her day to make sure her friends are taken care of and showcases what true friendship really is.
- She is a mother to the motherless. Even before we lost my mother-in-law, my mom treated my husband like one of her children. I almost think at times she loves him more than she does her own four children, but that is for another post. She does tell people he is her “Favorite Son-in-Law.” My husband misses his mom but considers my mom to be his mom too and I love the relationship they have.
- I can depend on her. One of the hardest thing about moving from Michigan to Tennessee was the hundreds of miles it would put between us. My mom has always been there to help me with whatever I need. She has sat with me in the emergency room, surgery waiting rooms, subbed in at school events and so much more. Even now she is still just a phone call away and recently came to visit and stay with our daughter so my husband and I could attend a trip to Branson.
- She practices tough love. I don’t always like what my mother has to tell me but she is usually right. I didn’t realize how hard this was for her until my daughter became a teenager. Some days I want to side with her on issues but know that won’t fix anything. I learned this from my mom and my dad over the years. There was a time when my husband and I almost divorced and my both my parents made it clear they would support me but would not turn their back on my husband. The fact that they were willing to honor my marriage commitment and not cut him out was a leading factor in me stepping outof my own way and working to restore my marriage.
- She doesn’t mind getting involved in my adventures. From going on trips with me to wearing cow ears in celebration of Chick-Fil-A’s Cow Appreciation Day, my mom is always up for an adventure. She has never complained when I share her pictures and even helps me out by reviewing movies and more on the blog. Knowing she is there alongside me has helped me do things that I wouldn’t have been able to on my own because my anxiety can often overwhelm me.
- She is a fantastic grandmother. Along with being a mom, she is a sister, aunt, niece, cousin, and grandmother (to name a few) and she rocks at all of them. I sometimes am envious of my daughter, niece, and nephew because she is the best grandmother in the whole world and I want to be her grandchild. She is always there to fill in when we as parents can’t and loves to spend as much time with the children as she can. She is not an overly permissive grandmother though and they all know that “She is the boss and they are the applesauce.”
- She has taught me to accept myself. I have watched my mom battle with her weight over the years but through it all, she has taught me that you need to love yourself for who you are. She doesn’t always show herself that same grace but has made sure that we applied these principles and gave ourselves grace. Even when I was at my heaviest weight, she showed me how to love myself while working to improve my health.
- Without Her I Would Get Stuck. I struggle with depression and anxiety and it can leave me stuck in place for days but the one thing she has always said is “Put your big girl panties on and deal with it.” This is not always what I want to hear but has been what I needed on more than one occasion. This mantra helps me fight back against my mental disorder on the days that I can and remind myself that sometimes we just have to do things even though we don’t want to. Facing them head on has always saved me trouble in the long run and I credit that to her just being blunt and not accepting excuses.
These are just 10 of the reasons I love my mom and I could write an even longer list but I think this showcases the main reasons. We have not always had a relationship like we do today and I moved our right after high school graduation because we were butting heads. However, that was the best thing for both of us. It allowed me to grow-up and over time look at my mom from a different perspective. I communicate with my mom daily through phone or text and try to call as much as possible because I know so many who don’t have a mother to talk to. I don’t want to take her for granted because I know that I will regret it when she is gone.
So as we approach Mother’s Day make an effort to call your mother as often as possible this year. It doesn’t matter what you talk about just enjoy those moments before they are gone. We also want to thank all the mothers, daughters, and fabulous women so we are offering one person a chance to win a $25 Gift Card of their choice in the MOTHER MAY I Giveaway Hop. Entry is simple and after you have entered our giveaway make sure to check out all the other fabulous giveaways linked below.
A special thanks to MamatheFox for organizing the Mother May I Giveaway Hop!
Ends May 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST, 18+ – WW
$25 Gift Card (Winner’s Choice)
TO ENTER TO WIN LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW FINISHING THIS STATEMENT ABOUT YOUR MOM – “I LOVE MY MOM BECAUSE…..” !
(You can leave a different comment every day to enter daily.)
Winner will be drawn at random.
The Giveaway has ended and the winner has been contacted! For more great giveaways, visit our giveaway page!
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.