The Best of You
We are our own worst critics and often times hide the good parts of ourselves away because we are afraid that we are not good enough for those around us. This often leads to downplaying our strengths when we are complimented and not being proud of what we have accomplished. We are doing an injustice not only to our-self but to those around us. You can impact someone’s life if you are willing to take a chance and discover the Best of You. To help you start discovering your best attributes, here are 5 simple things you can do.
- Step out of your comfort zone and try new things. – Push yourself outside of your comfort zone and try new activities. You will gain confidence as you conquer your fears and learn new things that you didn’t think possible. The confidence you gain will help you focus on yourself and discover what is really important to you.
- Ask Others – We often discredit our own talents and by asking others what they think are our best attributes, we can see ourselves as they do. Take time to listen to both the positive and negatives to help mold you into your best self.
- Write it Down. – Start by keeping a journal daily or weekly, where you record your thoughts about your new challenges. Make a list each day of 5 things that you are proud of. Being able to look back will allow you to see your growth and development.
- Create Strong Habits – Once you know where you want to better yourself, set a plan to accomplish it. This can be reserving specific time each day to work on a project or even taking time for yourself. Make these a part of your daily schedule so you don’t let them fall to the wayside. It takes three weeks for something to become a habit so the longer you stick with it, the better chance you have of it staying.
- Look at Others – Find the things that you value in other people and the flaws that you don’t. Examine yourself under that same scope and you will discover how you can better shine to those around you. You may also find that the flaws are not flaws and the things that you value are not important. This is an excellent way to discover what is truly important when putting yourself before others.
Once you discover the Best of You, make sure that you step outside of the shadows and let others see you for all your glory. When you let your best self shine, you will start to see yourself in a positive light and others will also.
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!