LEGO® Batmobile From Chevrolet & The LEGO® Batman Movie
In less than one month, The LEGO® Batman Movie will premiere in theaters and last week at the North American International Auto Show, Chevrolet unveiled its life-size LEGO® Batmobile. It measures 17 feet long and was inspired by Batman’s Speedwagon which is featured in the upcoming film.This exciting new animated LEGO® adventure, Batman, DC’s iconic Super Hero who famously prefers to work alone, must learn to cooperate and connect with others to save Gotham City from The Joker. Check out the movie trailers below and keep reading for more information about the new LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet.
“To work on the LEGO® Batmobile with Warner Bros. is an absolute thrill for us at Chevy,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Many of the themes in ‘The LEGO® Batman Movie,’ like imagination, family and community, align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and add to the value of the partnership.”
The LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet will also appear in the next variation of Chevrolet’s “Real People, Not Actors” campaign. In the new spot, real LEGO® Minifigure™ figurines discuss what kind of person would drive the all-new LEGO® Batmobile.
Chevy LEGO® Batmobile Facts
- It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
- Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
- The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
- Total number of LEGO®bricks used to build the Batmobile: 344,187
- Total number of LEGO®colors used: 17
- The LEGO®Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
- The LEGO®Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO® Master Builders.
Visit Chevrolet to view more images and information about the new LEGO® Batmobile.
Keep up with the latest information by following along online.
The LEGO Batman Movie is in theaters everywhere February 10, 2017 !