Halloween Mummy Cans
Now that my daughter is getting older, she wants to make more unique crafts during the holidays. This Halloween we decided to create these adorable Halloween Mummy Cans. These are simple to create and they can be used in so many different ways. These are super cute and are the perfect craft to make at your Halloween party. You could even make these in advance and use them as party favors filled with your favorite candy treats for your guests to take home.
How to Make Your Own Halloween Mummy Cans
- Empty Soup Cans
- Black construction paper
- 2 Googly Eyes per can
- Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
- 1 roll of 2 inch gauze (4 yd length) for every can
- Clean soup cans and remove labels. If there are metal edges, use pliers to press them down.
- Lay the soup can down on the construction paper and place marks where the top of the can hits. Next roll the paper around the can and mark where the paper completely covers the can. Cut the section out you need to cover the can (I cut a little bit above the marks I made.)
- Wrap the soup can with the black construction paper. Line the paper up with the bottom of the empty can.
- Glue the construction paper in place and then trim the excess construction paper off at the top of the can.
- Fold the gauze in half, width wise.
- Apply glue to one end of the gauze and secure it to the back of the can at the bottom.
- Wrap the gauze around to the front.
- Push the top of the gauze down a little and secure with glue to create the mummy’s mouth.
- Continue wrapping the gauze around the can from bottom to top and then back down.
- Secure the end of the gauze at the back of the can.
- Toward the top of the can (at the front of the can) spread the gauze apart and glue the googly eyes into place.
- Let the glue dry and then you are ready to use your Halloween Mummy Can.
We had a great time creating these fun Halloween Mummy Cans and they are a simple craft that you can make before or during your upcoming Halloween party. Plus they are perfect for gift giving when filled up with special candy treats. If you have several Halloween Mummy Cans you can use them for decoration, pencil/pen holders, candy holders, vase, makeup brush holder and more.
If you like these Halloween Mummy Cans, make sure to check out our 12 Days of Halloween Ideas for fun crafts and tasty recipes to get you Halloween ready!