Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
One of my favorite things growing up was visiting the many cider mills in our area. There is nothing like a fresh cinnamon and sugar donut to make your mouth water. Since relocating down south I missed my abundance of cider mills because that meant I missed my donuts but I have something better. These Cinnamon and Sugar Donut Muffins are the perfect replacement and I don’t have to wait for cooler weather to get them. I can snack on these bite sized muffins while enjoying my favorite summer activities with the family. They are addicting so don’t blame me if you can’t eat just one.
Cinnamon and Sugar Donut Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined.
- Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full and bake in the oven about 15-20 minutes, until the tops are light brown.
- While muffins are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping together in a small bowl. When the muffins are done melt the remaining margarine.
- Remove muffins from their pan and carefully dip each muffin in the melted margarine. Roll each muffin through the cinnamon-sugar mixture and set a plate to cool. Serve warm or cooled. **See Tip section below**
I hope you enjoy these Cinnamon and Sugar Donut Muffins as much as my friends and family. I highly recommend making an extra batch if you are expecting company because these didn’t even last 2 hours the last time I made them.
Tip #1: Out of All Purpose Flour, substitute Self-Rising Flour but make sure to OMIT the baking powder from the recipe.
Tip #2: To cut down on calories and sugar – only dip the top half of the muffins in the melted margarine and cinnamon-sugar mixture.