Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treat Hearts
There is not a Rice Krispie treat that my husband has ever said no to. He cannot eat them anytime of the day and I wanted to do something special for him in honor of our recent anniversary. I decided to make him a batch of Rice Krispie treats and then decided to make them a little more romantic by turning them into hearts and dipping them in delicious milk chocolate. These treats were such a hit that I had to share them with all of you. They are simple to make but the flavors are amazing and will earn you a lot of credits this Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispies Treat Hearts Recipe
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows
- 12 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 tbsp margarine
- wax paper
- heart cookie cutter
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- In a large pot, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add miniature marshmallows to melted margarine and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add Rice Krispies cereal.
- Mix well until combined.
- Pour marshmallow/Rice Krispie mixture into baking sheet lined with wax paper. (This recipe fills up 1 1/2 baking sheets or one with a really thick layer.)
- Let cool
- Take a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out treats.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate chips with coconut oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir to combine. If not melted, heat at 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip 1/2 of the treat into the melted chocolate. Let extra drip off and then place on wax paper or cooling rack.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
**** If you don’t want to dip all the Rice Krispie Treat Hearts, you can put the melted chocolate in a baggie and cut the corner. Pipe over the treats covering with chocolate. Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm. ***