Celebrate Summer at Cedar Point with these 10 Favorite Things
Growing up in Metro Detroit Michigan, I remember heading down to Sandusky, Ohio to Cedar Point with Church Youth Groups every Summer to visit Cedar Point and looking forward to each visit. As I got older I didn’t visit as often until a few years back when I had the chance to take my children. Now it has become an annual tradition. We Celebrate Summer at Cedar Point, by ringing in Summer in May and saying good-bye in September. There is so much to do that we could easily add a few visits in between and never run out of things to do or hear that my kids were bored. Check out our top 10 Favorite Things that we enjoy while we Celebrate Summer at Cedar Point.
Top 10 Favorite Things at Cedar Point
- GateKeeper – The tallest, fastest and longest wing roller coaster in the world! This was also the roller coaster that one my daughter’s heart last year. The year she started riding roller coasters. She road it 10 times in a row one time and now it is our first stop when we come into the park.
- Peanuts Gang– This is the character theme at Cedar Point and you will run into your favorite character in the kid zones and during the day in the park.
- Souvenir Cup with Refills – Each year Cedar Point puts out a refillable Souvenir cup that you can purchase. You receive free refills on your date of purchase and $0.99 refills for the rest of the season.
- Iron Dragon – This is a family favorite because we start our kids off as a “safe” roller coaster and work our way up from here. It is also a mom approved roller coaster since I am not a big coaster fan.
- Dinosaurs Alive! On Adventure Island – It does require an extra admission charge but brings a lot of fun as you walk thru and explore all the dinosaurs. Perfect for little ones that are in love with dinosaurs.
- Halloweekends– We end our summer with Halloweekends and is such a great way to get an early start on halloween. It is fun to see Cedar Point transformed into an eerie place at night. It is hauntingly fun and good clean fun for older kids.
- Cedar Creek Mine Ride – This wooden roller coaster jerks and shakes every one up as it takes you up and down. We also used this to get our kids ready for some of the bigger roller coasters and they still love to go back and ride it even though they are on to bigger ones.
- Mean Streak – This big coaster is well worth the walk to the back of the park and you have earned your coaster stripes when you will ride this one without mom or dad.
- Matterhorn – This is a nice one to relax on when you need a break from coasters and just have some down time. Perfect for spending some time with mom.
- Antique Cars – You can’t go wrong with driving around in antique cars and where else can a 10 year old drive mom and dad around.
My kids are older but many with younger kids will be grateful for the designated Kids Zones with over 30 rides and attractions just for children.
- Kiddy Kingdom
- Planet Snoopy
- Camp Snoopy
For more information check out CedarPoint.com and don’t forget to follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Check out what is new at Cedar Point for 2014 over at VacationMaybe.com!