5 Reasons to Have Girl’s Night Out at Roast Detroit
Last month, I returned home to Michigan to visit my family. While I was there, my sister and I decided that a Girl’s Night was in order. She is a working mom to a beautiful baby girl and devotes every hour to being the best mom. Although we talk on the phone, almost daily, we needed a chance to connect in person. I have wanted to visit Michael Symon’s Roast Detroit ever since it opened and was super excited when they invited me and a guest out for dinner. I decided that this was the perfect spot for our Girl’s Night, even though my daughter and mom were vying for that second seat. 😉
Like most moms, we were excited to head to downtown Detroit and leave the stresses behind. No spouses, no kids, and no excuses to not have a good time. We arrived early for our reservation so we took a minute to take the obligatory “Girl’s Night Out” Selfie.
Roast Detroit is located in the historic 1924 Westin Book Cadillac. The Westin Book Cadillac has been restored to its original splendor and offers guests a luxury experience in the heart of Detroit. The hotel and restaurant offer paid valet parking so you don’t have to hunt for a place to park. There is a lot located across the street if you would prefer to walk.
We enjoyed every minute of our Girl’s Night Out at Roast Detroit. There are so many reasons we feel that everyone needs to make it a Girl’s Night Out location but we have narrowed it down to our top 5 reasons. Check out all our reasons and start making plans for your visit.
5 Reasons Your Next Girl’s Night Needs to be at Roast Detroit
- Amazing Atmosphere – From the minute you walk in the doors, the hustle and bustle of the city fades away. The entire staff was friendly, professional, and made us feel like we were the only ones in the place. The kitchen is open to the dining room so you can watch the chefs preparing the dishes. The light is dim which allows you to relax and enjoy your meal. We were not rushed at all through any of our courses and the waitress made sure she was there when we needed her without being all up in our business.
- Innovative Ingredients – At Roast Detroit, you won’t find the same old menu items created from the same standard ingredients. Michael Symon has created an amazing menu that encourages you to try new things and step out of your comfort zone. We did just that when the kitchen sent out the Pork Belly (with watermelon, halloumi, basil, and ginger.) to start out our meal.
- Sensational Sides – On top of the innovative ingredients to create deliciosu dishes. They have taken side dishes to a whole new level. We had the chance to try out three different sides. The size of each side is enough for at least 2 people to share. We had three sides (because we did not know they were so large) and ended up taking at least half of each one home with us. The sides are classic favorites you find at many restaurants but they put their own twist on them which makes them above average in taste and quality. The sensational sides we enjoyed were Spinach & Feta Au Gratin, Brussels Sprouts & Walnuts, and Mac & Cheese.
- Meaty Main Dishes – When you have a Girl’s Night Out, worrying about your diet is not important. Roast Detroit celebrates all thing meat with an entree menu that offers almost any type of meat from Seafood to Lamb. Don’t worry if you are not a meat eater they do have some vegetarian options. We chose the Roasted Chicken and the Grilled Salmon. These entrees went perfect with the sides we ordered and created a well rounded meal.
- Decadent Desserts – The dessert menu has seven options but that doesn’t mean it was easy to settle on just one. We were both full so we finally decided to split “The Bar.” This is similar to a deconstructed S’more but only better. It is a combination of chocolate, malt marshmallow, pretzel, smoked salt, and whiskey sauce. It was rich and was the perfect dessert for sharing.
Roast Detroit offers everything you can want for a relaxing Girl’s Night Out. We left relaxed and well fed. The time we had to connect while enjoying amazing food allowed us to head back to our family a little less stressed.
For more information and to book your reservation visit Roast Detroit online.
1128 Washington Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48226