“40 Before 40”
Things I Want to do Before I Turn 40
Today is my 38th birthday and for some reason this birthday is bothering more than any others. I did not suffer the normal anxiety on my 30th but 8 years later it seems like it is catching up with me. I was inspired by posts I have read featuring “30 Before 30” and decided to make a list of the 40 things I want to do before I turn 40. I have two years to accomplish this list and I am making it my goal to complete this less in the next two years. Check out my “40 Before 40” and get inspired to tackle your list before your next birthday.
My “40 Before 40” List
- See the ocean in person.
- Take my daughter to Nashville.
- Learn to swim.
- Visit Atlanta with my family.
- Lose 40 pounds (get back to my goal weight.)
- Reduce my debt by 50%
- Reach 20,000 monthly page views on the blog.
- Reach 10,000 followers on Instagram and Twitter.
- Create a video for the blog.
- Get a new tattoo.
- Volunteer with a local organization.
- Finish a 5k in under an hour.
- Have a fun photo shoot done.
- Read 100 books (that is about 1 per week.)
- Learn how to make homemade biscuits and bread.
- Take a trip to North Carolina.
- Go white water rafting.
- Take a helicopter ride.
- Master a 1 minute plank.
- Learn to cook Creme Brulee.
- Learn to sign or speak Spanish.
- Attend another Red Carpet Movie Premiere. (See my 1st Red Carpet experience here.)
- Visit Dollywood at Christmas.
- Renew my wedding vows.
- Take a family trip to South Carolina.
- Complete a 30 day Instagram Photo Challenge.
- Go camping (in a tent)
- Perform a R.A.K for 30 straight day. (Random Acts of Kindness)
- Try a new food/cuisine
- Sing a solo in front of other people.
- Style my bedroom into a relaxing retreat.
- Travel to Louisiana
- Have a new blog header designed.
- Go horse back riding.
- Build a coffee table from pallets. (With hubby’s help, of course.)
- Plant a flower garden that blooms in every season.
- Refinish my wishing well my dad made years ago.
- Refinish my retro/vintage drink cart.
- Take a trip to Alabama.
- Continue learning and growing every day.
These are not all the things that I want to accomplish in my life time but these are 40 things that I know I can accomplish in the next two years if I put my mind to it. I don’t want to ever give up reaching for the stars and trying new things. I have been spent too many years telling myself I can’t. I am making it my goal to remind myself everyday that even though I can’t, God CAN! I can’t wait to see what I am able to accomplish with God’s help.