10 Fun Balloon Games For Kids
Summer is here and that means barbecues, picnics and back yard parties and at these events are plenty of kids looking to have fun. Make sure they remember your get together as the party of the summer with these 10 Fun Balloon Games For Kids.
Balloon Games For Kids
1. Water balloon fight – Fill the balloons up ahead of time and get the party started by tossing a few balloons toward an unsuspecting suspect. Set the good old fashioned water balloon stakes higher by enticing the adults to toss a few balloons around.
2. Water balloon Relay Race – For this race you will need 20 water balloons and 4 baskets or buckets. Place 2 buckets at one of the yard and the other 2 buckets at the opposite end. Fill the buckets on your “starting” line with 10 water balloons each. Each member of the team must take one water balloon at a time out of the bucket and race it to the other bucket without dropping it. The 1st team to transfer all 10 balloons wins.
3. Air Balloon Race – You will need masking tape, string, or a piece of chalk ,and a balloon for each child participating. Using the tape, string or chalk – make a starting line on the grass or sidewalk and repeat to create a finish line. Change the distance up based on the age of the children playing. With each child at the starting line, hand them each a balloon. When you say go, they must start to blow up the balloon and then let it go in the direction of the finish line. When it lands, they pick it up and blow it up again and repeat the process until one person crosses the finish line and is the winner.
4. Balloon Toss Up – This requires one balloon per child and you can use the start and finish line from #3. This time each child must blow up the balloon and tie it. Their goal is to then walk it across the finish line by hitting it up in the air as they walk. If it hits the ground, they go back to start. If they are caught holding the balloon they go back to start. The first person to cross the finish line without the balloon hitting the ground wins.
5. Balloon Basket Ball – Create a starting line and place a basket or bucket 3-5 feet away depending on the age of the child. Have each child take turns trying to toss the balloon into the basket/bucket. The first child to score 3 points wins. (You could set up 2 – 4 stations using the baskets/buckets from #2)
6. Stuff a pillowcase- For this game you will need 2 large pillowcases and 2 packs of inflated balloons. (You could also use a Tshirt that was tied shut at the bottom with a rubber band.) Divide into teams and see which team can stuff the most balloons in the pillowcase in the shortest amount of time. You can increase the difficulty by making them do it one handed, blindfolded or backwards.
7. Balloon Volleyball – Use string or a clothes line to create a “net” if there isn’t one around. Replace the volleyball with a Balloon and see who can score the most points.
8. Balloon Pop – Give each child 3-5 balloons and have them start at the same time and see who can pop their balloons the fastest using only their bottoms.
9. Balloon Sweep – This is best done inside so the balloons do not pop. Each team/person will need a broom and balloons. Set up a starting line and a finish line. Each person must sweep the balloon from one end to the other without popping it. If it pops they have to go back and start over. The team to get the most balloons over in a 5 minutes wins.
10. Capture the Balloon – You will need 4 baskets or buckets with 2 being stuffed full of balloons. Place an empty bucket on each end and the filled buckets in middle. At the count of 3,each team leaves from their “Home Base” bucket and runs to their bucket in the middle. They must take the balloons out of the bucket and take them back to their “Home Base” bucket. At the same time they can run to their opposing teams home and steal their balloons when they are not looking. The 1st team to fill up their “Home Base” bucket wins.
If you liked these 10 Balloon Games For Kids you might also like the following.